Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DO...The Chicago Bears have the pieces to be Super Bowl winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    They just upgraded their safeties with MD Jennings. Hardly similar D
    http://www.nfl.com/player/m.d.jennings/2530703/profile

Vanished !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bears OC Aaron Kromer was the source of Ian Rapaport's story about Cutler killing the Bear offense by not checking out of bad run plays. He denies he was the one who said the franchise has buyer's remorse.

He apologized to the team today.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...211-story.html
    There's actually a way to work around Cuttler for this. All they have to do is get the play in and line up very quickly (more than 15 seconds remaining). If the formation is not favorable, the OC can yell over the mike - "Hey dumbass, check to this play".

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    OHHH.

I thought OC meant offensive center, not offensive coordinator.

That goof is so fired.

Now Trestman has a scapegoat, if this will help him a bit.
    Good news for the Packers if they buy into the scapgoat idea and keep Trestman.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Bears bench Cutler. Jimmy Clausen to start. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-jimmy-clausen

Wow.

McGinn sure has been capable of some stinkers.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Bears bench Cutler. Jimmy Clausen to start. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-jimmy-clausen
    That is great news.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    That is great news.
    I don't know. Packers could use an upset win but Bears really suck this season...and they'll suck even more with Clausen. Ergo, easy Lions win. In fact, in the long run, it sucks that Bears are realizing that Cutlers is not a winner and in reality a douchebag.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Clausen?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    That is great news.
    I don't understand - you actually believe, with your exhaustive research, that the Bears have a better chance to win with Clausen in lieu of Cutler, in spite of the Chicago turmoil?

Cutler is guaranteed to receive 15.5 million from the Bears in 2015 even if they were to cut him. If he is on the Bears roster on the 3rd day of the 2015 league year, which occurs in March, 10 million of his 2016 salary would be guaranteed.

Chicago Bears Organizational Chart:

How can a team go from signing a veteran QB to a 7 yr/$126M contract in the off season to benching the QB 14 games later? This isn't a young QB still learning the game and needing a break to regroup. Cutler is 31 years old, in his 9th season. Benching him, if he doesn't have an undisclosed injury, is effectively severing the commitment established by signing the contract.

What have they learned about Cutler in the last 14 games that they didn't already know in the off season? He had been the Bears QB for 5 years. Huge screw up on many levels by the Bears organization.

I'm glad the Bears have found the culprit for the worst defense in the entire league in terms of points allowed. The Bears defense has allowed 33 passing TDs. They have allowed 10 of 16 4th down attempts to be converted against them. Clearly, Jay Cutler is the mastermind holding the defense back from achieving their lofty goals.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    I don't understand - you actually believe, with your exhaustive research, that the Bears have a better chance to win with Clausen in lieu of Cutler, in spite of the Chicago turmoil?
    I'm in the Pro Pickem. I didn't see the Bears winning with Jay Cutler nor do I see Chicago defeating the Lions this week with any other QB on their roster.

Benching Jay Cutler is a positive move for obvious reasons.

First - The team isn't winning with Jay Cutler. Moving on now without Jay Cutler will help answer important questions. I'm discounting any games here to shake up Cutler. That man is a loser.

Looking at another starting QB. How did that team look last season with Josh McCown behind Center?

Anything concerning any change at QB in Chicago can't be much worse at this point in the schedule.

Have you been watching any Bear games? Following the Bears at all? That team is in an ugly mess. I'd hate to be a Bears fan. Watching their pain on MNF wasn't pretty. Jay Cutler stunk out the joint. The GM and HC and his staff; many players and the Bear fans are sick of Jay Cutler.

I pay attention for various reasons. Specificlly I'm interested in things Chicago Bears and especially in the rumors surrounding their HC. The Bear offense is nowhere with Jay Cutler 'the TO machine'. Cutler doesn't even do a decent job of protecting the ball. I watch him and know he'll toss a silly pick.

That team had/has real potential with any QB that can follow a plan. That can exercise discipline. Jay Cutler is for some reason on his own planet. He's not in sync with his HC, OC and fellow players. That's all right in your face if your paying any attention to the Chicago Bears.

Yes there is obvious turmoil in Chicago and benching Jay Cutler is a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-17-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Pft has it figured out. Cutlers money in 2015 is guaranteed for Injury only it looks like. So by benching him, they are eliminating the risk of him getting Injured. Their hope is to trade him in the offseason.

Good luck with that

And it is a bad thing that the bears have figured out cutler sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Wow, didn't see this coming.

Can they really have lost faith in him to that extent? Seems pretty incredible.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Pft has it figured out. Cutlers money in 2015 is guaranteed for Injury only it looks like. So by benching him, they are eliminating the risk of him getting Injured. Their hope is to trade him in the offseason.

Good luck with that

No team should have to put up with that much misery.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Not really. The Bears really have never had a true franchise QB in the entire history of their existence. Sid Luckman? Is that really the BEST they've got? What makes you think they are going to find one now? Cutler is mediocre...but at least 10 teams in the NFL have it far worse at QB. The chances of the Bears going further south at QB are probably higher than them finding a gem.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk View Post
    I don't know. Packers could use an upset win but Bears really suck this season...and they'll suck even more with Clausen. Ergo, easy Lions win. In fact, in the long run, it sucks that Bears are realizing that Cutlers is not a winner and in reality a douchebag.
    Not to worry.

No way the Green Bay Packers back into a playoff slot.

The Packers will handle Tampa Bay this week.

The Detroit LIONS would have (with Cutler @ QB) and still will defeat the Chicago Bears this week no matter who the Bears use @ QB. The Lions are a seriously good team. The Bears are a very bad team.

The Detriot Lions will be a formidable foe @ Lambeau in Week 17. The Lions don't win @ Lambeau Field.

The Packers will win out and grab the NO. 2 Seed.

It's all very simple.

The Bears can end up looking very foolish if they trade or cut him this off season. The questions about Jay Cutler today are no different than the questions about him during the off season. The Bears should have had the guts to let him go last off season. They are learning a very expensive lesson. Alternatively, they would have been better off using the franchise tag on him if they felt the need to give him a second year with Trestman.

If I understand the "Spotrac" breakdown correctly, the total guarantee as of March 2014 was $38M, and an additional $10M guarantees in 3/2015. If they dump him before March, they are still on the hook next year for a $19.5M cap hit after a cap charge this year of $18.5M.

$38M for one year of service.

Trade? Does anyone want him at roughly $16-21M/year? How much will they give to take on that obligation? Does a 32 year old 10 year vet still have "upside" to hope for????

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    The Bears can end up looking very foolish if they trade or cut him this off season. The questions about Jay Cutler today are no different than the questions about him during the off season. The Bears should have had the guts to let him go last off season. They are learning a very expensive lesson. Alternatively, they would have been better off using the franchise tag on him if they felt the need to give him a second year with Trestman.

If I understand the "Spotrac" breakdown correctly, the total guarantee as of March 2014 was $38M, and an additional $10M guarantees in 3/2015. If they dump him before March, they are still on the hook next year for a $19.5M cap hit after a cap charge this year of $18.5M.

$38M for one year of service.

Trade? Does anyone want him at roughly $16-21M/year? How much will they give to take on that obligation? Does a 32 year old 10 year vet still have "upside" to hope for????
    How about a bucket of ice cold water thrown on his head daily?

" Hey Jay...Are you in there? .... Screw it get the bucket !