Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: DO...The Chicago Bears have the pieces to be Super Bowl winner?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...cutler-in-2015

Eight potential landing spots for Jay Cutler in 2015

By Dan Hanzus ...Around the NFL Writer

Published: Dec. 17, 2014 at 09:45 p.m. ... Updated: Dec. 17, 2014 at 10:26 p.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

Yes.... The Chicago Bears may in the end retain him.

This move to bench Jay Cutler may be an effort to shake him out of his tree.

The move may be related to "can Marc Trestman win again".

The Bears looked terrific last season with Josh McCown behind Center.

It doesn't appear likely that Jiimmy Clausen is the answer.

Do you turn to a raw Rookie in David Fales and start him?

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/ros...4-a5bec4d31cfc

That would be to assume that he's ready.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

It's Over for Cutler in Chicago as Trestman Puts Him in His Place: The Bench

By: Mike Freeman , NFL National Lead Writer

Dec 17, 2014

" For Cutler to sit just 14 games into a megacontract means there will be a total housecleaning in Chicago. Cutler usually only gets coaches fired. This time, a general manager could be gone as well.

Throughout Cutler's career, coaches always believed: I can change him. This is the Jeff George Theorem. It's right up there with Hawking radiation and relativity. The more you rely on Cutler, the more you think you can change him, the more you fall into the abyss."
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I think, myself, that the Bears have laid down this season. At least Lovie's got TB playing hard.

There is no "I" in "team," but there is in "quit"!

Hell, the talkheads already have the Bears ditching everyone except Jay Cutler in the offseason - and bringing Shanny in to get Cutler to become the kind of QB he never has been in his nine years in the NFL.

Good luck with that.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The Bears aren't going to win. They have quit, the coach can't motivate them, their defense is atrocious, their defensive coordinator cant get his people to do anything.

These Lions are not the Schartz Lions. Their offense is not overpowering but they are playing hard and aren't rolling over. Caldwell is a coach, not a lunatic.

The Packers need to get their shit together and take care of Tampa, then keep their shit together and settle Detroits hash. If they don't, they dont deserve the division or the playoffs.

Remember, its the Lions we are talking about. Anything is possible, including getting lost on way to Chicago.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Remember, its the Lions we are talking about. Anything is possible, including getting lost on way to Chicago.
    If the team bus is picking them up in the parking lot at the Joe Louis arena, they might get mugged and never get out of Detroit!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

heard jurko on the radio today talking about the bears. didn't know he was up there on some chi sports radio station. sounded like a real bears fan.
    Last edited by gbgary; 12-18-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    heard jurko on the radio today talking about the bears. didn't know he was up there on some chi sports radio station. sounded like a real bears fan.
    He grew up in Illinois, probably a lifelong Bears fan. Packers let him go after 1995 season. There were rumors he was a major supplier of Vicodin to Favre.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He grew up in Illinois, probably a lifelong Bears fan. Packers let him go after 1995 season. There were rumors he was a major supplier of Vicodin to Favre.
    He said he supplied. Rumors and confirmation arrived at same time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

So pft is saying that a few sources from un named teams have said that the bears might actually have to give up picks in order to trade cutler

http:// http://profootballtalk.nbcsp...o-move-cutler/

You couldnt make this stuff up lol

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    So pft is saying that a few sources from un named teams have said that the bears might actually have to give up picks in order to trade cutler

Well ...... it's Jay Cutler.....Yea !

NFL GM's will exercise more caution in the future; instead of rushing to upgrade the contracts of the likes of Jay Cutler and Colin Kaepernick.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Wow.

"We'll consider taking Cutler off your hands, but if we're going to let you do that to us, we need a high draft pick too so we can draft a real quarterback for the future. Oh, and NFL rules require you to get something in return... How about a conditional 7th round pick if he turns it over less than 30 times for us next year."

I hadn't even considered that a signing could be that bad. Jeff George and his attitude wasn't that bad. Hell Ryan Leaf didn't hurt that much.

The Bears last year drafted David Fales - QB - San Jose St. Man, is that a perfect last name for a Bears QB, or what?

Blog Entries
    Now it's just piling on.

At least he can afford the highest quality H20.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Now it's just piling on.

At least he can afford the highest quality H20.

Some Bears fans are converting their Cutler jerseys. Putting a piece of tape over the "C" and writing in a "B", making it a Kevin Butler jersey. (who

Kevin Butler wore the same jersey number.

Sam Shields and Tramon Williams have confidence in Jay Cutler as a passer.

Their confident he'll get the ball to them.

Report that Titans could be interested in trading for Cutler. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ay-cutler-deal

If this happens, do Titans pay Cutler's guaranteed 15.5 million in 2015 and 10 million in 2016? Or are the Bears on the hook for that?

Blog Entries
    Report that Titans could be interested in trading for Cutler. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ay-cutler-deal

If this happens, do Titans pay Cutler's guaranteed 15.5 million in 2015 and 10 million in 2016? Or are the Bears on the hook for that?
    It's murky, but the Bears almost have to trade Big Play Jay.

There's this..."certain circumstances would have the Bears paying the difference of the $15.5 million that Cutler’s owed in 2015 and what his new team would sign him for."

If traded and the new team assumes his salary or re-negotiates a new deal friendly to both parties, the Bears could get away with owing only 4 million of dead money for '15.

The McCaskey's should get rid of coach and front office staff and start over. This is an awful contract that never should have been proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    It's murky, but the Bears almost have to trade Big Play Jay.

There's this..."certain circumstances would have the Bears paying the difference of the $15.5 million that Cutler’s owed in 2015 and what his new team would sign him for."

If traded and the new team assumes his salary or re-negotiates a new deal friendly to both parties, the Bears could get away with owing only 4 million of dead money for '15.

The McCaskey's should get rid of coach and front office staff and start over. This is an awful contract that never should have been proposed.
    Its not that bad of a deal really, if they can find a trade partner, it sounds like they can get out of the deal afte only one year without much of a penalty

Boy, things must be bad in Nashville if they are considering this clown. That team needs other players besides a QB so it would be moronic for them to take on Cutlet's salary and all the crap that comes with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Boy, things must be bad in Nashville if they are considering this clown. That team needs other players besides a QB so it would be moronic for them to take on Cutlet's salary and all the crap that comes with him.
    SAVE YOUR MONEY and your nerves. Draft a decent QB Prospect.

Top QB Prospects in the NFL DRAFT:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015QB.php

They may (well more likely) lose this week Home to indy and win the NO. 1 Draft Pick.

Then again the way indy peformed in Dallas last week; there's no gurantee that they can even fake losing.