Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Practice Squad Or Most Valuable Thread

Official 2014 Practice Squad Or Most Valuable Thread

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 8m
    And so it begins RT @ByRyanWood #Packers have signed WR Myles White to their practice squad, per a league source.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3m
    Since Myles White was only active in seven games last year, #Packers still have their two "veteran" practice-squad designations
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 6m
    Safety Chris Banjo has cleared waivers and will be on #Packers practice squad, per league source. Green Bay's gamble paid off.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Myles White is my favorite reject. Putting Banjo on practice squad thrills me less. He isn't going to be a good player, and they don't need the extra depth in secondary.

You say that now, old blue. Banjo will be a worthy addition to the PS when one of our safeties starts to suck or two of them go down with injuries. Yeah, he's low upside, but he's still a decent stopgap.

The team would have to be involved in a plane crash before Banjo sees the field at safety. Bush is better. But perhaps you are right that they may need some juice for special teams later on.

TE Justin Perillo added to ps, according to his aunt.

Recent years there had been few waiver claims through out the league before PS signings, until 2013 when there were quite a few of them. It will be interesting to see if this year is like 2013 with lots of waiver claims, or like the years before when there were only a few.

Green Bay - The Packers announced their 10-man practice squad today.

Every one of the 10 was in training camp with the Packers.

Here they are:

S Chris Banjo
    WR Kevin Dorsey
    C Garth Gerhart
    WR Alex Gillett
    RB Michael Hill
    LB Adrian Hubbard
    TE Justin Perillo
    DE Luther Robinson
    T Jeremy Vujnovich
    WR Myles White
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

The next question is what happened to Jumal Rolle?

yup, no rolle on that list

someone must have snagged him

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky · 2h
    #Packers practice squad:
    1. S Chris Banjo
    2. WR Kevin Dorsey
    3. C Garth Gerhart
    4. WR Alex Gillett
    5. RB Michael Hill

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky · 2h
    #Packers practice squad (cont)
    6. LB Adrian Hubbard
    7. TE Justin Perillo
    8. DE Luther Robinson
    9 T Jeremy Vujnovich
    10. WR Myles White

Packer Report @PackerReport · 3h
    Jumal Rolle clears waivers, back with #Packers on practice squad. Huge win for team.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 3h
    Rolle was a "secondary" claim by several teams on waivers. Those teams received their first claim. Had 10 offers for PS elsewhere. #Packers

From the Packers.com website:

Packers announce practice squad
    Posted 1 hour ago
    All 10 signees were with the Packers during the 2014 preseason

The Green Bay Packers have signed 10 players to the practice squad. The transactions were announced Sunday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

Signed to the practice squad were S Chris Banjo, WR Kevin Dorsey, C Garth Gerhart, WR Alex Gillett, RB Michael Hill, LB Adrian Hubbard, TE Justin Perillo, DE Luther Robinson, T Jeremy Vujnovich and WR Myles White.

All 10 signees to the practice squad were with the Packers during the 2014 preseason.
    http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...7-7e8b8e468666

Packer Report @PackerReport · 1h
    For those wondering about Rolle and the practice squad, told he'll be here tomorrow.

In place of who?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packer Report @PackerReport · 1h
    For those wondering about Rolle and the practice squad, told he'll be here tomorrow.

In place of who?
    Flynn

hubbard looked to suffer a pretty serious injury thursday, i'm surprised he didn't get "IR'd"

maybe he is IR'd with rolle taking his spot on the PS

otherwise the numbers just don't add up no matter how you try and put them together

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 53m
    Packers tight end Jake Stoneburner will be back soon, minor ankle injury landed him on injured reserve then injury settlement

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2h
    As others have already said on here, Jumal Rolle planning to be back on the #Packers practice squad, so he's sticking around.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3h
    @JerseyAlGBP Goodson has concussion. Can't release him without injury settlement; settlement sidelines for too long. My guess.

Blog Entries
    I've always been drawn to Gillette..he's reminded me of a poor man's wes welker
    of course abbrederis was like gillettt...just better
    he would have been good for green bay
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Interesting theory concerning Goodson. They don't want to injury settle with him and lose 6 more weeks of practice time. I could see it.