Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Official 2014 Practice Squad Or Most Valuable Thread

You guys were talking about cutting loose two I'm glad DIDN'T get cut: Stoneburner and Hubbard. I like Stoneburner a helluva lot more than Bostick. Better to IR him than cut him and have him do a good job somewhere else. Ditto that for Hubbard - the athletic kind of LB you seldom see the Packers pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 53m
    Packers tight end Jake Stoneburner will be back soon, minor ankle injury landed him on injured reserve then injury settlement
    Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3h
    @JerseyAlGBP Goodson has concussion. Can't release him without injury settlement; settlement sidelines for too long. My guess.
    Seems to be an inconsistency here.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I've always been drawn to Gillette..he's reminded me of a poor man's wes welker
    of course abbrederis was like gillettt...just better
    he would have been good for green bay
    So Gillett made the cut? I hear it was a close shave.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    hubbard looked to suffer a pretty serious injury thursday, i'm surprised he didn't get "IR'd"

maybe he is IR'd with rolle taking his spot on the PS

otherwise the numbers just don't add up no matter how you try and put them together
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8815/jumal-rolle

Packers promoted CB Jumal Rolle from their practice squad.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8815/jumal-rolle

Packers promoted CB Jumal Rolle from their practice squad.
    That report is from December of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Seems to be an inconsistency here.
    Yeah, I am more of the opinion now than before that a lot of NFL beat writers don't really know the waiver process well.

Wilson, however, is pretty tied into Baltimore and seems to get this stuff right. On the technical side, I would trust him more than Huber at Packer Report (though I like most of his stuff).

The way to reconcile both reports is that Stonebrunner might be set loose and Goodson has a ticket to the PS after they negotiate a settlement. Kinda odd though, given the injury numbers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...-cut/14930187/

The Green Bay Packers have re-signed cornerback Jumal Rolle to the practice squad and released receiver Alex Gillett.

Rolle was a participant at practice Monday, while center JC Tretter (knee), tight end Brandon Bostick (lower leg) and cornerback Demetri Goodson (concussion) all sat out. Both Bostick and Goodson were present.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3h
    @JerseyAlGBP Goodson has concussion. Can't release him without injury settlement; settlement sidelines for too long. My guess.
    Sounds like a rock and a hard place. They essentially have to burn a roster spot for him because they can't get him onto the PS. I assume that's what cost the Pack Rolle.

Rolle is still floating around out there, right? Hopefully they have a wink and a nudge agreement with him, he looked like he could be something.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Ninja'd :ninja: you posted this while I was typing!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Ninja'd :ninja: you posted this while I was typing!
    It was a close shave between keeping Gillett or Rolle.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    It was a close shave between keeping Gillett or Rolle.
    A "close shave"? They already have Myles White on PS. Sounds like easy choice to me. Of course, it's not like Rolle was a hot item on market.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    A "close shave"? They already have Kevin Dorsey on PS.
    Fixed.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    A "close shave"? They already have Myles White on PS. Sounds like easy choice to me. Of course, it's not like Rolle was a hot item on market.
    Your Pun O' Meter is broken. Or my smarmy literalness detector is malfunctioning.