Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tretter Possibility for IR-Designated To Return

Tretter Possibility for IR-Designated To Return

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h
    There you go. RT @RobDemovsky: Alan Herman, @JCTretter's agent: "The timeline is such that it would make sense to designate him for return."
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Elegantly Wasted Rat All-Pro Noodle's Avatar
    So help me out, PB, when's the earliest Tretter could be back?

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So help me out, PB, when's the earliest Tretter could be back?
    He has to sit out 8 games. Packers have bye week 9. So he would be eligible week 10. he can start practicing after 6 weeks.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

At this point in the season, what's the rush to use it? Anybody they sign will probably be one of the inactives, right?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    At this point in the season, what's the rush to use it? Anybody they sign will probably be one of the inactives, right?
    Unless they activate Gerhart off the PS to be the backup Center. That way they wouldn't have to move Lang or Sitton if Linsley gets hurt.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He has to sit out 8 games. Packers have bye week 9. So he would be eligible week 10. he can start practicing after 6 weeks.
    Hmmmm.....

So he'd be available, at most, for the final 8 games. Gee, that's a tough one. If the med staff thinks he'd be back and playing by say week 4-6, I'm not sure I'd put him on IR to return. That's just me though.

8 games is a lot.
    If Linsley plays well and improves game-to-game, they might just stick with him as the starter. Tretter is effectively a rookie too.

hate to see them use that so early. it might come in handy later. guess they want to bring someone up.

WTF, didn't MM just say the other day Tretter wasn't a candidate for IR return?
    Go PACK

Don't like it to use on Tretter. He doesn't have to step right into the starting role after four weeks, but having him available as the backup is much more ideal than Gerhart...

I'd think at the end of the season would be the time you'd want that extra roster spot.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I heard that too, Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I'd think at the end of the season would be the time you'd want that extra roster spot.
    I don't think when you use it matters. All 16 games count the same. The non-season-ending injuries aren't particularly clustered anywhere.

I think the way to maximize the use of the return IR is to use it on a guy whose injury takes a full 6 weeks to heal. They are allowed to practice after 6 weeks, then play in games two weeks after that. Tretter's injury probably fits that time window well.

I wonder if Linsley will be better or worse than EDS from last season.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Don't like it to use on Tretter. He doesn't have to step right into the starting role after four weeks, but having him available as the backup is much more ideal than Gerhart...
    If they thought he would be in game form after 4 weeks they wouldn't have used the return IR on him.

Yep.

Does IR - designated to return start clicking Week 1 or is it eight weeks from the date of placement (so Week 3 move to IT-DTR gets practice Week 9, active Week 11).
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Was there a setback or something? The original report was 4-6 weeks from the injury - possibility to come back the 3rd regular season game. Apparently Linsley is doing well enough that getting Tretter back is not urgent, but a delay like they're talking about now would seem to either indicate the injury is worse or else be unnecessarily dragged out.

I'd hate to use is it so early and we don't really know the injury timeline apparently. Tretter isn't proven yet and maybe Linsey is actually a player. There is basically nothing known here except practices and some preseason film.
    Obviously Linsey could tank and it would backfire.

Maybe he just meant the Packers weren't looking at him as a candidate for that designation. I didn't hear or read the quote myself, just thinking...

He hurt it in the 3rd preseason game. The Seahawks game will make 2 weeks. 5 weeks will be passed at the conclusion of the week 4 game

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    He hurt it in the 3rd preseason game. The Seahawks game will make 2 weeks. 5 weeks will be passed at the conclusion of the week 4 game
    The recovery time estimates we hear are just guesses. Those estimates can change again. Tretter has some sort off stress fracture in his knee. That's kind of an oddball injury.

I think it was Cobb who had a stress fracture in foot last year where recovery time was double the initial estimate.

I think Tretter's agent gave a timeline, basically two possibilities, here is one:

Tretter suffered an impaction fracture in his left knee during the team’s Aug. 22 preseason game against Oakland and has already been ruled out for Thursday's opener at Seattle. An NFL source said last week that Tretter was told by the medical staff that he was likely to miss up to six weeks because of the injury.
    http://www.espnwisconsin.com/page.php?page_id=278

Looking for the actual quote from Herman prior to full diagnosis. BTW, I think six weeks is probably the current number.