Last spring, we had several threads in which we discussed FA safeties, A few of you wanted Daniel Manning or Chris Clemons after the top FA safeties were off the board. One of you suggested signing Champ Bailey and moving him to safety (not sure if you were serious).

Manning was cut by the Bengals, then signed back with the Texans who cut Clemons to make room for Manning. Champ Bailey was signed by and now released by NO.

Hyde looks good at safety. Dix too. Richardson seems to have built on his strong close in 2013, when he played more than MD Jennings in several games. The jury is out on Burnett, in my opinion. All through camp the coaches insisted he was a starter, and even seemed surprised when questions were asked a couple times about whether his spot was open for competition.

I am hopeful it has all worked out in spite of TT "sitting on his hands" and ignoring the weakness at safety, as some of you argued. Can it be that once again, as seems to happen year after year, perhaps TT has simply "lucked out."

Or, will the safeties once again crash and burn when the season starts? (I think not.)