Thread: Safety - is it fixed?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    yes,we did get somewhat lucky by getting the best safety in the draft. when free agency was here, it looked like our chances were pretty slim of getting haha

so obviously, some of us wanted us to go after a vet that would improve our shit secondary

some of us wanted to draft a guy high, AND sign a vet. some also wanted hyde to be switched from CB to safety, which at the time MM said wasn't going to happen

mark me as one of those people. burnett was shit last year, and just as big of a problem as MD or mcmillian was IMO. the guy had no clue what he was doing without someone to hold his hand. so IMO, we will be better, but not fixed until one of the big problems is out of the starting lineup

and from what i saw, we now have 3 guys on the roster who look better then burnett did last year. its up to fat mike to have the balls to make the switch, but hearing how he sounded "shocked" by reporters asking him if burnett could lose his spot, i'm guessing that fat fuck has no clue and won't make the required switch.

so for me. we will have one competent safety (hyde, haha, or richardson), and one that has no clue what the fuck he's doing. so, an improvement over last year

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    yes,we did get somewhat lucky by getting the best safety in the draft. when free agency was here, it looked like our chances were pretty slim of getting haha

so obviously, some of us wanted us to go after a vet that would improve our shit secondary

some of us wanted to draft a guy high, AND sign a vet. some also wanted hyde to be switched from CB to safety, which at the time MM said wasn't going to happen

mark me as one of those people. burnett was shit last year, and just as big of a problem as MD or mcmillian was IMO. the guy had no clue what he was doing without someone to hold his hand. so IMO, we will be better, but not fixed until one of the big problems is out of the starting lineup

and from what i saw, we now have 3 guys on the roster who look better then burnett did last year. its up to fat mike to have the balls to make the switch, but hearing how he sounded "shocked" by reporters asking him if burnett could lose his spot, i'm guessing that fat fuck has no clue and won't make the required switch.

so for me. we will have one competent safety (hyde, haha, or richardson), and one that has no clue what the fuck he's doing. so, an improvement over last year
    This may sound crazy, but do you even consider the possibility that Burnett will play better this year?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen