Thread: Official Packers vs. Seahawks Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Packers were running a 4-3 alignment for at least part of the night. Haven't seen whole game but read it in his press conference notes.

Those two holding calls, where Brad Jones, normal 3-4 ILB who is line up over a Guard?

He was over the TE as SOLB. Completely new position. I want to say I don't think this was a good idea.

They talked about an Elephant end in camp, this could be what they were cooking up.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packers were running a 4-3 alignment for at least part of the night. Haven't seen whole game but read it in his press conference notes.

Those two holding calls, where Brad Jones, normal 3-4 ILB who is line up over a Guard?

He was over the TE as SOLB. Completely new position. I want to say I don't think this was a good idea.
    Capers threw some different crap out there... but 2-4 is his default alignment. He ran it more than anything else - and we got throttled when we were in it more often than not.

The defense has absolutely no identity - and when your default alignment is junk, it's got to be terribly demoralizing for the players to know they are being set up for slaughter. One of Lynch's TD runs was almost completely uncontested, as the front six simply got washed away.

Dom has to go... he simply doesn't know what he is doing anymore. He's 93 years old, and the game has simply passed him by.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Capers threw some different crap out there... but 2-4 is his default alignment. He ran it more than anything else - and we got throttled when we were in it more often than not.

The defense has absolutely no identity - and when your default alignment is junk, it's got to be terribly demoralizing for the players to know they are being set up for slaughter. One of Lynch's TD runs was almost completely uncontested, as the front six simply got washed away.

Dom has to go... he simply doesn't know what he is doing anymore. He's 93 years old, and the game has simply passed him by.
    I felt the same way last night, but for different reasons... Although Green Bay has gotten "faster" on defense, they simply cannot match speed and kept getting way out of shape trying to do so. Seattle had them off balance for much of the night and beat Green Bay with straight up SPEED.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.