Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Seahawks Discussion Thread

Official Packers vs. Seahawks Discussion Thread

I imagine the media will be billing this game as a rematch of the Fail Mary Game. Truth is, both of these teams are better and quite different than they were 2 years ago.

Russell Wilson is a much bigger part of the Seahawks offense than he was then. It wasn't until later in 2012 that Wilson would start to assert himself. Percy Harvin is a better big play threat than the Seahawks had at the time. Defensively, the Seahawks have become the NFL's best defense and play with the confidence that comes from propelling the team to a Super Bowl title.

As for the Packers, they will go into this game with much more offensive balance than they had in 2012. Instead of a near-the-end Cedric Benson, the Packers will go into the game with their best trio of running backs in a decade. And a stronger offensive line, despite having a rookie at Center. Expect the Seahawks to do anything they can to confuse Linsley.

Defensively, the Packers are stronger in the defensive backfield than they were 2 years ago, stronger at OLB, but have a question mark on the defensive line. How the line holds up against Marshawn Lynch will be a key.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

MM PC

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 47s
    Bostick DNP, Goodson DNP, Brad Jones (quad) limited and Tretter is out for #Packers

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 1m
    MM on Jones being limited: he got the work done that he needed.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 1m
    MM on hopes if Bostick playing: if he doesn't practice Wednesday he won't play in the game.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 27s
    MM on saying team had better camp than past years: feel like accomplished what set out, feels good. but camp is over, that chapter is done.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 23s
    McCarthy says Jones "got the work he needed." If Bostick doesn't practice Wednesday he won't play. No plan for Tretter for IR-DTR. #Packers

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 11s
    MM on if noise affects sideline communication: no, we're on headsets. they're new and improved, supposed to block out background noise.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 33s
    MM on how can help Linsley in first start: he's got job to do, first game, can't get around that. best protection is sitton, lang, rodgers

FIRST SAID "HE'S THE CENTER, YOU CAN'T REALLY PROTECT A GUY THERE"

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 26s
    MM on how Seattle uses Harvin: he's a playmaker. they're going to give ball to Lynch, starting point, and Harvin will get his touches too

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 6s
    McCarthy on run defense with lighter DL: Encouraged by preseason performance.

RAPAPORT WINS!!

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 18s
    McCarthy: We're a better pass rush team today than we've been in a long time. We've worked at it a lot more. Saw benefits in preseason.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This is gonna be a great game.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Or an injury on offensive line.

Seahawks favored by 5.5. Over/under is 46.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1m
    #Packers DC Dom Capers said that Letroy Guion would be the starting nose tackle in place of Raji. But others will work there, too.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 11m
    Cobb listed No. 1 punt returner. Asked Slocum if that was gospel: "Yeah, sure. He’s been there all along." #Packers

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h
    Shawn Slocum says Cobb is #Packers' No. 1 punt returner, Hyde No. 2. On kickoffs, it's DuJuan Harris then Hyde. Jeff Janis in both pictures.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

5.5? Damn. Time to make some money.
    C.H.U.D.

Wish I had some money to put on the game. 5.5 is a bit generous, even with their empowered home-field advantage. Alas, responsibility before opportunity.

I expect a physical game erupting into fights. The Pack doesn't want soft label so they will punch the champs right in the kisser.

Sticking with my earlier 34-17 hunch, even though my head says it will be much closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I expect a physical game erupting into fights. The Pack doesn't want soft label so they will punch the champs right in the kisser.
    Yep, I' wouldn't be surprised to see a few 15 yard personals fly on both sides.

We'll see. Peter King in MMQB has Seattle's OLwatch level at "shaky". They're going on the Pittsburgh recipe of "good D + mobile QB + shitty line".
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Tuesday is Friday in the McCarthy calendar. His new schedule has them meeting but not practicing today which makes the "Friday" injury report kinda funny.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 11m
    #Packers estimated DNPs: TE Bostick (fibula), C Tretter (knee, out), CB Goodson (concussion). LB Brad Jones (quad) limited

PS coming up.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 6m
    McCarthy here: Sherman usually plays to offense's right side. Some slot. Doesn't match.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 6m
    MM on Cobb: Randall has come off his injury excellent. Played against CHI and SF, he's had an excellent offseason. Looks like Randall

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5m
    MM on officiating: Now they're emphasizing you don't grab the jersey, it's as simple as that.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m
    MM on Lacy's camp/preseason workload. "I think Eddie's ready to go."

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 6m
    MM on special teams: We need to get back to giving special teams the proper resources to be successful. Cobb, Hyde PR. Harris on KR

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 4m
    McCarthy on no-huddle: Our veteran players are doing a great job letting us play this way. It's where we are in maturation of our offense.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 4m
    MM: DL may weigh less but it's not smaller. Long levers. Likes depth.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2m
    MM: "I thnk Bryan (Bulaga) needs to go back to Seattle." Says he's prepped for best season and looks great.

BONUS SEAHAWK COVERAGE

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 4m
    #Seahawks think Jordy Nelson will move around a bit, possibly run into Sherman. Chances are, Boykin draws him most. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...273517281.html

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Wish I had some money to put on the game. 5.5 is a bit generous, even with their empowered home-field advantage. Alas, responsibility before opportunity.
    5.5 isn't that bad. Normally they automatically give the home team 3 points so 2.5 beyond that is really a toss up. I think it will be a close game. I hope we win just to shut up those obnoxious seachicken fans who think their team is the best thing since sliced bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I don't expect any scrums in this game. It will be hard hitting. Carroll likes to project this aura of toughness but as McCarthy once said "We're nobody's underdog." The seachickens will come out sky high. We'll just have to get thru the first couple of series because they can't stay that amped up for very long.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    We crush the Sea Chickens and it is not even close if the officials call the game anything like the preseason.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    We crush the Sea Chickens and it is not even close if the officials call the game anything like the preseason.
    The Seahawks were the least penalized D backfield in the preseason.

I've jumped back and forth 10 times on this game and I'm still jumping.

The Lacy/Rodgers combo (of which we saw very little last year) should be damn near unstoppable
    HOWEVER, the offense tends to start the year slowly
    I really think the team is ready to make a statement and show they are every bit as good as SF/SEA
    HOWEVER, it's hard not to remember what happened the last time the Seattle D was on the field

I really have no clue
    Go PACK

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The Seahawks were the least penalized D backfield in the preseason.

They will be the most during the season if they play like they did last year. AR will chew them up after Lacy runs them over.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    They will be the most during the season if they play like they did last year. AR will chew them up after Lacy runs them over.
    In the analysis (from Peter King, among others) showing that the Seahawks DBs were the least penalized, it didn't mention whether or not they body-slammed any receivers in the preseason. Of course, Browner is gone, but there was no mention of whether or not they played the same way.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.