Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Seahawks Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I've jumped back and forth 10 times on this game and I'm still jumping.

The Lacy/Rodgers combo (of which we saw very little last year) should be damn near unstoppable
    HOWEVER, the offense tends to start the year slowly
    I really think the team is ready to make a statement and show they are every bit as good as SF/SEA
    HOWEVER, it's hard not to remember what happened the last time the Seattle D was on the field

I really have no clue
    Until last year, under McCarthy it did seem to take the Packers offensive line some time to gel. However, last year the Packers scored 28, 38 and 30 points in their 1st 3 games, with 2 of those against good defenses. They struggled running the ball against SF, but ran it very well against Washington and Cincy. So I have some hope that the offense will not be dysfunctional.

I still have no clue who will win though.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 7m
    Talked to Bruce Irvin about his day against Bulaga 2 years ago. Said he knew Bulaga was preparing for speed so he countered w/ speed2power.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    My prediction is that the game will be higher scoring than most are thinking. Seattle's offense should be better with Harvin, their defense lost some talent. We're a much better matchup against Seattle's defense than the Broncos as we don't require 6 in the box to run the ball.

This defense is just a bitch though. With their secondary talent they can afford to stay in man coverage with minimal shell thanks to Sherman or cover 3 without fear of the traditional weaknesses in the seams thanks to Thomas. This gives them a numbers advantage that is hard to overcome as Chancellor can pretty much be a linebacker. It'll be interesting to see how Eddie does against that kind of look. DT's Mebane and McDaniel don't give up much in the run game.

The Seahawks had two big losses in their front 7 since last year: Chris Clemons and Clint McDonald. Without Clemons the Seahawks still have Bennett and Avril as solid starters but you can bet they'll rotate Bennett inside to give Irvin some snaps on the edge vs Bulaga after their last meeting. McDonald was their best interior pass rusher which could perhaps mean even more reason to give Bennett more snaps inside or play more 3-3-5 like they did in the superbowl. A huge matchup to watch is Bulaga vs Bennett and Irvin. The last game was a house of horrors for him.

I think Lacy and Cobb can do some damage in this game and with Boykin and Nelson we're equipped for a physical game outside. Wish we had Jones for this game and really wish we had more at the TE position but McCarthy and Rodgers usually find a way to get their points.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Score Early and Score alot. That's the key.

Oh.....and.......don't let them score alot.

GB finds a way. It starts Thursday.
    C.H.U.D.

I'm very confident in Packer season, got them going 14-2. But having to play the first game at that place is a lot to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I'm very confident in Packer season, got them going 14-2. But having to play the first game at that place is a lot to ask.
    This. It will be a close game but it will not be easy winning in that nut house.

Packers could easily get blown out or it could be a tight game. One thing is for sure, I definitely don't see the Packers blowing Seattle out.

With our luck, it'll probably be a tight game into the 4th quarter. Packers will be up by one or two points - Seattle will drive and kick a game winning field goal with no time left.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Packers could easily get blown out or it could be a tight game. One thing is for sure, I definitely don't see the Packers blowing Seattle out.

With our luck, it'll probably be a tight game into the 4th quarter. Packers will be up by one or two points - Seattle will drive and kick a game winning field goal with no time left.
    You shut that filthy little mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post

I can see that happening, especially since this defense crumbles at crunch time. Well they have in the past anyway, and I really don't have any confidence that they have gotten better.

I don't see it being a very competitive game... just hoping we don't get too embarrassed.

We can't stop the run - I don't think that has changed; and we are always horrible out of the gate on the OL (hopefully Rodgers survives and doesn't get knocked out for the year)...

My guess?? Rodgers gets sacked at least 5 times, Lacy runs for < 70 yds; on defense, I think Wilson will be nominated for the HOF after this game, Lynch will go for well over 100 yds.

38-16 Seachickens

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing that could upset that forecast would be if the Seachickens are hungover from celebrating their SB win... but I don't think that will be the case.
    wist

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I don't see it being a very competitive game... just hoping we don't get too embarrassed.

We can't stop the run - I don't think that has changed; and we are always horrible out of the gate on the OL (hopefully Rodgers survives and doesn't get knocked out for the year)...

My guess?? Rodgers gets sacked at least 5 times, Lacy runs for < 70 yds; on defense, I think Wilson will be nominated for the HOF after this game, Lynch will go for well over 100 yds.

38-16 Seachickens

The only thing that could upset that forecast would be if the Seachickens are hungover from celebrating their SB win... but I don't think that will be the case.
    So if we win or even compete it was because the Seahawks were hungover. Looks like you've got all your bases covered.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    So if we win or even compete it was because the Seahawks were hungover. Looks like you've got all your bases covered.
    A team always has a punchers chance - and with Rodgers at QB, we have a chance in every game. That said, Seattle is so superior to us in so many catagories that it is difficult to see how we leave Seattle with a W.

38-16 Seachickens.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

38-16 Seachickens

Tomorrow might be the 1st game of the year, but Wist is in mid-season form!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Tomorrow might be the 1st game of the year, but Wist is in mid-season form!
    Thanks Joe... been workin out every morning, feelin better every day
    wist

It's not as if their offense is a juggernaut by any means... I think they're only slightly better than average on that side of the ball, but an average offense can light up our defense on any given night.

And as good as our offense is - their defense is elite.

So elite trumps very good - and better than average trumps below average.

Seattle is simply a better team all the way around - and that includes coaching. I think MM is as good a coach as there is in the league, but dunderdummy is such a liability that it's just too much overcome against a solid, well coached team like the Seahawks.

But who knows... maybe they're hungover, and dunderdummy took his hairpiece off long enough to get some oxygen to his brain??
    wist

The two things I worry about with this team are nose tackle and the sight of Sherrod taking the field. That's not too bad of a worry list compared to other teams.

Packers injury report:

ILB Brad Jones (thigh) - full participant - PROBABLE
    TE Brandon Bostick (leg) - DNP - OUT
    CB Demetri Goodson (concussion) - DNP - OUT
    C JC Tretter (knee) - OUT

Linsley is going to shine.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Nobody seems to be taking the Packers, but I will.
    Rodgers will be masterful, Hyde & Hayward will make big plays.
    Packers : 31
    Seahawks 24
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!