Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Seahawks Discussion Thread

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I'll go Pack 27 Seattle 24. I think our elite offense is better than their elite defense. I think our defense will surprise. JMO of course.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Crosby kicks a 44 yard FG on the final play of the game.

Packers 26
    Seattle 24

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jump ball in the end zone as time expires, sherman has the pick but Cobb steals it, the call is TD.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Jump ball in the end zone as time expires, sherman has the pick but Cobb steals it, the call is TD.
    As much as I'd love to see this, I say lets save this particular play for the NFC Championship game. It'll hurt more.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Nobody seems to be taking the Packers, but I will.
    Rodgers will be masterful, Hyde & Hayward will make big plays.
    Packers : 31
    Seahawks 24
    The great QBs always manage to put together games over the course of their career where they can't be stopped, no matter the opponent.

Rodgers is due for one of those.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Gamblin' Rat
    Packers 24-20

Packers 24
    Seahawks 14

Wilson gets picked twice, new D off to hotter start than O.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Boykin shines and Sherman publicly apologizes for farting from his face drain too often.

I hope we beat the seachickens just to shut their arrogant fans up. Ever since the SB they think they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Packers - 27
    Seahawks - 17
    C.H.U.D.

Blog Entries
    Not joining the group drunk on Kook Aide for this one. Packers won't win this game. Wilson is an emerging QB and I'm not confident GB will pressure him enough for him to make more than one mistake..and we need that.
    When AROD is facing 3rd and 7 in key situations, we'll have multiple rookies lined up at C,TE,WR....as Seattle is bringing the house. We don't have the horses to win this one early on.

Seattle wins 24-`16
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Almost every one of the self anointed "experts" is picking Seattle to win - http://nflpickwatch.com/ - the only exception is some shmo from Bleacher Report. Bleacher Report doesn't have the mojo to disrupt the karmic reality.

Packers are a virtual lock to win tonight.

Expectations are already low for me. A win would be great, getting out of this game healthy is my goal. Packers are clearly the underdog.

I have visions of Lynch breaking tackles and running for 10 - 12 yards at a shot. The defense playing undisciplined and letting Wilson scramble for 1st downs.

Ugh, this game is gonna suck.

Packers 17, Seattle 34

Toughest game on the entire schedule. Packers will show they can compete with the best but they won't win this one.

Hawks 23
    Pack 20
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Pack win 42-17. Seachickens get down early and Wilson proves he is a middling QB and our defense stops Lynch up the middle.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Almost every one of the self anointed "experts" is picking Seattle to win - http://nflpickwatch.com/ - the only exception is some shmo from Bleacher Report. Bleacher Report doesn't have the mojo to disrupt the karmic reality.

Packers are a virtual lock to win tonight.
    The main reason most are picking the seachickens is because they all think our defense will be the same mess we had last year. It is inconceivable to them that our D could get any better. On other forums with fans of all teams only Packer fans give us much of a chance and when we do we're called hopeless homers. I hope we surprise a few people tonight.

Sal Paolantonio of ESPN reports that tonight’s referee is John Parry. That’s significant because Parry’s crew called the most defensive holding and pass interference penalties of any officiating crew during the preseason. Parry’s crew also tied for the most defensive holding and pass interference calls of any officiating crew during the 2013 regular season.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I didn't realize Seattle was starting a rookie right tackle. Britt was a 2nd rounder that most projected to the 4th or 5th. He struggled big against Georgia's 3-4 last year. His run blocking is ahead of his pass blocking at this time. He was particularly vulnerable to wide speed off the edge.

Drawing Matthews/Peppers for your first NFL debut is a tough gig.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    The main reason most are picking the seachickens is because they all think our defense will be the same mess we had last year. It is inconceivable to them that our D could get any better. On other forums with fans of all teams only Packer fans give us much of a chance and when we do we're called hopeless homers. I hope we surprise a few people tonight.
    I think we'll be better against the pass. Clinton-Dix is an upgrade, and Hyde, et al have a year of experience under their belts; but...

We were absolutely pathetic against the run last year, and if anything we'll probably be worse... especially considering that dunderdummy doesn't care that much about stopping the run.

Overall, I think we'll be better, but that's not saying much... we were one of the worst defenses in the league last year. We have the talent to be good, but of course the devil himself is our DC...
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Expectations are already low for me. A win would be great, getting out of this game healthy is my goal. Packers are clearly the underdog.

I have visions of Lynch breaking tackles and running for 10 - 12 yards at a shot. The defense playing undisciplined and letting Wilson scramble for 1st downs.

Ugh, this game is gonna suck.

Packers 17, Seattle 34
    That's kind of the way I see it too...

A victory for us would be keeping the score from getting out of hand, and getting out of the game healthy.

We have 15 more games after this one to try and build up toward the playoffs... my hope is that the players will mature and gel over the course of the season, so that come playoff time we will be a legitimate contender.

On a selfish note - I need Harvin to go off... I benched Nelson and put Harvin in my starting lineup in one of my money leagues
    wist