Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Official Packers vs. Seahawks Discussion Thread

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    All hail Trish! Excellent choice Fritz!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Thinking about her kept me from throwing the TV out the window a few times last year when the Packer defense . . . or offense . . . fell apart.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Gametime cannot get here fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Just a reminder, Wist, that life is good.
    Isn't she the chick with 'da man hands'??

Since about about 1/4 of the world's population is made up of asian chicks... I have a lot of inventory to go thru b/4 I'd have to lower myself to a white chick with 'da man hands'

wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Since about about 1/4 of the world's population is made up of asian chicks
    Does that lump India in there as well?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Go for it! Just don't forget to use the word official.
    Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I see a team built to stop the pass exceptionally well combined with an offense that's going to demand shootouts to beat. That should make them better than the sum of their parts. Look at New Orleans last year, they sucked against the run but were still a top 4 defense following the same recipe.
    DL - Bottom 5
    ILB - Bottom 5
    OLB - Top 5
    CB - Top 5
    S - 15-20

Didn't realize the OL would be so awful, though. Seattle is just so insanely fast and well-coached. They run blitz every damn play it seems. We look so old fashioned compared to them.

MM did not adjust the O despite ZERO running game (Did Lacey even have positive yardage?????) and no time. Why not run some quick slants instead of the damn screen pass that never works?

You cannot give up 9 yards a carry to Marshawn and expect to win.

The DL is the worst in the NFL. No question.

I don't see it being a very competitive game... just hoping we don't get too embarrassed.

We can't stop the run - I don't think that has changed; and we are always horrible out of the gate on the OL (hopefully Rodgers survives and doesn't get knocked out for the year)...

My guess?? Rodgers gets sacked at least 5 times, Lacy runs for < 70 yds; on defense, I think Wilson will be nominated for the HOF after this game, Lynch will go for well over 100 yds.

38-16 Seachickens

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing that could upset that forecast would be if the Seachickens are hungover from celebrating their SB win... but I don't think that will be the case.
    Well, I will admit when I'm wrong...

- The score was not 38-16, it was 36-16
    - Rodgers was only sacked 3 times

------------------------------------------

We gave up 207 yds rushing... Yah!!! Dom Capers!!!

Aint that 2-4 a hoot?? lol...

Can we fire the guy 6 months ago??
    wist

I've been with you as far as Capers goes since the middle of last season. It's time for him to go. This loss wasn't solely on the D though. Fat Mike and Aaron Rodgers had a hand in this team failure.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I've been with you as far as Capers goes since the middle of last season. It's time for him to go. This loss wasn't solely on the D though. Fat Mike and Aaron Rodgers had a hand in this team failure.
    Yes, blame for this disaster should be equally distributed on both sides of the ball and ST. It was a total team effort.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Well, I will admit when I'm wrong...

- The score was not 38-16, it was 36-16
    - Rodgers was only sacked 3 times

------------------------------------------

We gave up 207 yds rushing... Yah!!! Dom Capers!!!

Aint that 2-4 a hoot?? lol...

Can we fire the guy 6 months ago??
    I can't blame Capers for this one. We even had a variety of nickel looks other than the 2-4. Capers can't do the tackling, this was a problem with talent. I blame TT for an opening day roster with only 4 active DL, a bunch of starters who can't tackle for shit, and an offense and coach who hung the D out to dry.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I can't blame Capers for this one. We even had a variety of nickel looks other than the 2-4. Capers can't do the tackling, this was a problem with talent. I blame TT for an opening day roster with only 4 active DL, a bunch of starters who can't tackle for shit, and an offense and coach who hung the D out to dry.
    You don't need more than 3 or 4 DL if all you're going to run is a the 2-4...

Capers did exactly what I expected him to do... he came out with his small bag of the little tricks to start the game, he ran some 3-4 and he covered everyone one up pretty well - then he reverted to his nature, i.e. the 2-4.

Can't remember what series it was... 2nd quarter I think, he came out and lined up in his default 2-4 alignment, and that was it - all coordinating and coaching went out the window. It was autopilot 2-4 after that. He sprinkled in a couple of wrinkles here and there, but for the most part, he reverted to his default defense - the 2-4.

It was a disaster - just as it's been a disaster for the last few years. Capers had 2 months to draw a gameplan for this game - and this is what we got... more of the same.

I'm dead serious when I say he should be fired today - it would be an unprecedented move, but the season is lost already b/c of Dom. Cut him loose now, and maybe they can right the ship by the end of the season.
    wist

Packers were running a 4-3 alignment for at least part of the night. Haven't seen whole game but read it in his press conference notes.

Those two holding calls, where Brad Jones, normal 3-4 ILB who is line up over a Guard?

He was over the TE as SOLB. Completely new position. I want to say I don't think this was a good idea.

They talked about an Elephant end in camp, this could be what they were cooking up.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packers were running a 4-3 alignment for at least part of the night. Haven't seen whole game but read it in his press conference notes.

Those two holding calls, where Brad Jones, normal 3-4 ILB who is line up over a Guard?

He was over the TE as SOLB. Completely new position. I want to say I don't think this was a good idea.
    Capers threw some different crap out there... but 2-4 is his default alignment. He ran it more than anything else - and we got throttled when we were in it more often than not.

The defense has absolutely no identity - and when your default alignment is junk, it's got to be terribly demoralizing for the players to know they are being set up for slaughter. One of Lynch's TD runs was almost completely uncontested, as the front six simply got washed away.

Dom has to go... he simply doesn't know what he is doing anymore. He's 93 years old, and the game has simply passed him by.
    wist

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Been in the pro-firing of Capers camp for about 2 years now and the inability to stop the run that has been going on for years now is ridiculous.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Capers threw some different crap out there... but 2-4 is his default alignment. He ran it more than anything else - and we got throttled when we were in it more often than not.

The defense has absolutely no identity - and when your default alignment is junk, it's got to be terribly demoralizing for the players to know they are being set up for slaughter. One of Lynch's TD runs was almost completely uncontested, as the front six simply got washed away.

Dom has to go... he simply doesn't know what he is doing anymore. He's 93 years old, and the game has simply passed him by.
    I felt the same way last night, but for different reasons... Although Green Bay has gotten "faster" on defense, they simply cannot match speed and kept getting way out of shape trying to do so. Seattle had them off balance for much of the night and beat Green Bay with straight up SPEED.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

You don't need more than 3 or 4 DL if all you're going to run is a the 2-4...

Capers did exactly what I expected him to do... he came out with his small bag of the little tricks to start the game, he ran some 3-4 and he covered everyone one up pretty well - then he reverted to his nature, i.e. the 2-4.

Can't remember what series it was... 2nd quarter I think, he came out and lined up in his default 2-4 alignment, and that was it - all coordinating and coaching went out the window. It was autopilot 2-4 after that. He sprinkled in a couple of wrinkles here and there, but for the most part, he reverted to his default defense - the 2-4.

It was a disaster - just as it's been a disaster for the last few years. Capers had 2 months to draw a gameplan for this game - and this is what we got... more of the same.

I'm dead serious when I say he should be fired today - it would be an unprecedented move, but the season is lost already b/c of Dom. Cut him loose now, and maybe they can right the ship by the end of the season.
    I saw everything from a 4-3 to a 0-6 last night. From what I saw the most popular formation was a 3-3 with Peppers at end. But your obsession with formations doesn't matter, every formation requires tackling. Every formation in football requires that you not rack up penalties. Despite the poor individual efforts Capers's D kept the Seahawks to 4/11 on 3rd down. Considering how terrible the offense was, there are a LOT of brass and players that deserve blame before Capers. I'm no Capers fan, give him a chance and he'll give you a chance to say I told you so. This definitely wasn't it.

I saw everything from a 4-3 to a 0-6 last night. From what I saw the most popular formation was a 3-3 with Peppers at end. But your obsession with formations doesn't matter, every formation requires tackling. Every formation in football requires that you not rack up penalties. Despite the poor individual efforts Capers's D kept the Seahawks to 4/11 on 3rd down. Considering how terrible the offense was, there are a LOT of brass and players that deserve blame before Capers. I'm no Capers fan, give him a chance and he'll give you a chance to say I told you so. This definitely wasn't it.
    Big plays make the 4/11 worse than it appears for the D, but its not a bad number.

One thing changed this year versus the Seahawks compared to Fail Mary and one thing stayed the same. Packers got hurt by the Seahawks offense in numerous ways this time. But like the last game, Packers O didn't have much of an answer for the Seahawk D. And that is very surprising.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If you look at this game its similar to the regular season game the Saints played against the Seahawks last year in week 13. In that game Drew Brees was a 20 million dollar JAG. The saints couldn't do shit on offense and got smoked 7-34.

The Saints also had a top 5 defense last year.