Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tretter Possibility for IR-Designated To Return

Same article, IR-DTR is, no matter the designation date, 6 weeks before proacticing, 8 weeks to return as active.

Can't find Herman's original quote but I think it was either 3-6 or 6-8 depending on exact details. Looks like Tretter lucked out a bit at six weeks.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilde
    Tretter suffered an impaction fracture in his left knee during the team’s Aug. 22 preseason game against Oakland and has already been ruled out for Thursday's opener at Seattle. An NFL source said last week that Tretter was told by the medical staff that he was likely to miss up to six weeks because of the injury.
    Impaction fracture can't be right. I thought I read hairline somewhere. Impacted would be season ending (unless you're a small animal):
    An impacted fracture implies a fracture in which a bony fragment, generally cortical, is forced or impacted into cancellous bone. Typically this occurs at the ends of long bones. Reduction of such fractures requires traction to disengage the fragments and fixation to hold the fragments apart. If, after fracture, malalignment is untreated, bone shortening will occur because one end has impacted into the other. This is an uncommon fracture in small animals.
    http://cal.vet.upenn.edu/projects/sa..._11/11mast.htm

Tretter still hasn't been put on IR, he's using up a roster spot. You'd think they'd do that quickly if they were decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Tretter still hasn't been put on IR, he's using up a roster spot. You'd think they'd do that quickly if they were decided.
    It's a done deal according to some tweet by one of the local writers.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Demovsky is reporting it now.

As expected, the Green Bay Packers placed center JC Tretter on the temporary injured reserve list, according to a league source.

The Packers promoted center Garth Gerhart from the practice squad to take Tretter's spot on the 53-man roster, but rookie Corey Linsley will start at center on Thursday against the Seahawks.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I feel so primitive with my netscape 2.0 browser. I wonder if twitter will run on my computer.

They promoted Gerhart to the active roster. That guy is the real Refrigerator.

This opens spot on practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    They promoted Gerhart to the active roster. That guy is the real Refrigerator.

This opens spot on practice squad.
    Gillette perhaps, if they don't need something else this week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Gillette perhaps, if they don't need something else this week.
    They signed Josh Allen to the practice squad. He is a guard released by the Bucs. I think he was the first guy reported to have been brought in for a tryout.

I hope Gerhart doesnt see any game action. At all!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack