Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why Didn't Rodgers Challenge Sherman?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yes. But I have a better question. Why on God's green earth would you waste throws to Boykin wrapped up with Sherman when Cobb and Nelson are getting nickel CBs and the new guy?

I would be more concerned if they never threw to that side of the field period.
    My thought exactly. I would gladly have my #3 WR covered by the other teams #1. That should open everyone else up. I think part of the problem was they need to go to the TE even more.

Hell, the O would move the ball pretty well but had long fields all night. After a couple of first downs we would still be punting from our 35 and Mastay had some bad punts and couldn't flip the field position battle.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I just checked the box score. The O never went 3 and out all night. They just couldn't sustain long drives.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I just checked the box score. The O never went 3 and out all night. They just couldn't sustain long drives.
    I wonder if that is related to the 4th Quarter comeback question. Someone pointed out McCarthy lamenting he did not get to his big shot plays due to game circumstance and down and distance.

If you take the Packers big play away (either coverage or pass rush) they can struggle launching 12 play scoring drives. While they have them (and last year might have had more with Lacy and a hurt Rodgers than typical) I would bet its not as common as some other dominant offenses.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    If McCarthy wants to run 65-70 plays a game you need some longer drives. But I think the O is built around longer plays not 4 yards a play and 6 first downs on the way to scoring.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    If McCarthy wants to run 65-70 plays a game you need some longer drives. But I think the O is built around longer plays not 4 yards a play and 6 first downs on the way to scoring.
    It would help also if your D stopped yielding first downs on penalties.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Simplistic answer, AR wasn't playing to win Thursday night. He was playing to not lose, by the time he started playing to win, it was to late. Kinda goes back to the Rodgers gambling problem thread.
    And Rodgers is in cahoots with MM who doesn't want win because he isn't responsible to an owner and TT who is too arrogant to admit a mistake with his draft picks.

Im watching SD v Seattle and Rivers is challenging the ENTIRE defense and looking awfully good...he threw at Sherman 3 times in the 1st half and completed all 3!!

His WR Allen is looking impressive v Sherman and the play calling has been not only great but exciting as well!!
    Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......

Rivers was BALLN! made sherman look pedestrian! Hopefully in the NFCCG ScareRon Rodgers will make amends for week one foolishness

Rivers is a very ballsy QB, he doesn't back down from anyone. Which at times can be a detriment, but imo it has more upside than down.

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
    Im watching SD v Seattle and Rivers is challenging the ENTIRE defense and looking awfully good...he threw at Sherman 3 times in the 1st half and completed all 3!!

His WR Allen is looking impressive v Sherman and the play calling has been not only great but exciting as well!!
    Sittin' pretty
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Stefanie Loh ‏@StefanieLoh 1h
    Chargers' Keenan @Keenan13Allen Allen on Richard Sherman: "He's just a normal guy. We're gonna go @ him. He's not really a shut down corner"

I'm sure Sherman just needs to adjust his adderall dosage and everything will be all right.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    The most exposed player on that defense last night was Chancellor not Sherman. They took their shots at Sherman but in the end it was for what? 54 yards?

Kam Chancellor will have nightmares about Antonio Gates this week.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    The most exposed player on that defense last night was Chancellor not Sherman. They took their shots at Sherman but in the end it was for what? 54 yards?

Kam Chancellor will have nightmares about Antonio Gates this week.
    Very nice breakdown by Matt Bowen here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...for-nfl-week-2

Funny, but the "exposed" Sherman doesn't feature in this TD.

Manning is challenging Sherman as well, with success!!

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
    Manning is challenging Sherman as well, with success!!
    It's clearly paying off for the Broncos.

mannings last toss was against Sherman

no timeouts scored in 40-plus seconds