Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
We were completely outcoached to open the game - that's all on dunderdummy. He did adjust, but getting throttled like that to open a game, against an anemic offensive team?? No excuse for that.

The Jets simply don't have any firepower on the outside or at TE, and their QB is not very good - yet dunderdummy can't get it right out of the gate?? And gets gashed by more option plays??

This was the Jets - and we were a semi-bogus TO call away from being tied with them late in the 4th quarter?? What's wrong with that picture??

One play that stands out to me is Geno Smith's easy run up the middle for a 1st down. I've been saying for a long time now that Capers doesn't care about the middle of the LOS, and that play was evidence enough of how out of touch Capers is with something that is essential to playing good defense, i.e. controlling the LOS, and being tough up the middle.

I don't expect we'll be able to stand up to Detroits physicality - they stomped us 40-10 in our last meeting... Rodgers was missing then, so the score will be closer this time, but Detroit is so much more physical than our ballarina team, that I expect they'll punch us in the mouth, and there won't be anything we can do about it.
Detroit's offense is as finesse as they come.

Detroit in general plays a less physical game than the Jets.