Thread: The Defense - Again, the Defense :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

Philadelphia is probably better - they certainly kicked the crap out of us last year in Lambeau...
    I want to address this point directly. Philadelphia did not kick the crap out of us last year. They barely beat the Pack. I was at the game.

The end score was 27-13 I believe. Two of PHI TDs that game were pure luck. The perfect example was the DeSean Jackson TD. Two Packers are going to intercept the ball, the two players collide, the ball hits the Packers player's shoulder pads and bounces straight to Jackson who walks into the end zone. After that play I turned to my wife and said there is no way we are going to win if the other team gets breaks like that. And they did later in the game on Cooper's TD.

Now the Pack O was "passable" but it was the Seneca Wallace gets hurt game and Tolzien had to come off the bench to run the O and threw two picks.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    The first few yes, NO maybe, but these no. That's just trying to seem smarter than everyone else by yelling the loudest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I want to address this point directly. Philadelphia did not kick the crap out of us last year. They barely beat the Pack. I was at the game.

The end score was 27-13 I believe. Two of PHI TDs that game were pure luck. The perfect example was the DeSean Jackson TD. Two Packers are going to intercept the ball, the two players collide, the ball hits the Packers player's shoulder pads and bounces straight to Jackson who walks into the end zone. After that play I turned to my wife and said there is no way we are going to win if the other team gets breaks like that. And they did later in the game on Cooper's TD.

Now the Pack O was "passable" but it was the Seneca Wallace gets hurt game and Tolzien had to come off the bench to run the O and threw two picks.
    Carolina was 12-4 last year - with a super-stout defense. I'm beginning to think Packer fans have been so seduced by "elite QB syndrome", and watching dunderdummy's "let's hope for a turnover defense", that you guys dismiss solid, punt producing defense as being so 1920's.

You've seen what outstanding defense does to Aaron Rodgers and our offense - Carolina's defense is certainly good enough to bitch slap our offense - just like SF and Seattle have been doing.

As for Philly... I think their offense is on a par with ours - and they do actually play a little defense, whereas we play none. Both teams at full strength?? It's probably a 50/50... also, Philly was just finding themselves under a new coach, with a different type of philosophy. It took them a while to find their bearings.

Detroit?? Their DL smacks the shit out of our OL every time we play... if they had any DB's at all... they would be the favorite to win the division. And Chicago is slightly below us IMO, but not by much... and they certainly can knock us off on any given Sunday.

The bottom line is, with no defense, and with our predictable cement-shoed OL start... we're no better than middle of the pack right now.
    wist