http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...274057691.html

Tom Silverstein article... he makes note of the fact that Raji being available wouldn't have made any difference b/c Capers gameplan was what it always is - line up in nickel, and blow a kiss to the RB as he blows past our undermanned front.

"It probably would not have mattered if the Packers had B.J. Raji, out for the year with a torn biceps, because the plan coordinator Dom Capers played rarely used the base 3-4 defense. Instead, the Packers played a hybrid nickel scheme where they kept just two defensive linemen in the game."

I was listening to Silverstein on the PRN pregame, and they were talking about only having 4 DL active. He said he thought Capers was going to play a lot of 2-4 nickel, and therefore they didn't need the defensive linemen. I commented in another thread, that if that was the case, we were toast before the coin flip - which proved to be the case.

We gave up 207 yds rushing, for a 5.6 yd average.

More of the same, more of the same... it's gonna be a very, very long year watching this defense.

I figured we'd lose this game, but what I wanted to see was a makeover on defense - the last thing I wanted to see was more 2-4, and then after that, still more 2-4. What we got?? Lots and lots of 2-4.

It's only 1 game - but the die is cast, a leopard doesn't change his spots - we are in for an entire season of getting completely gashed on the ground, and nothing will be done to fix it. Dom Capers cares nothing whatsoever about stopping the run.

If he devises a gameplan for a run heavy team like the Seahawks, a team that has very few passing game weapons... if he devises a gameplan for a team like that, that calls for nickel, nickel, and more nickel - then there is no hope whatsoever that he will do anything different against anyone else.

The '14 season is already a no-hoper b/c of Dom Capers.