Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
Geno Smith, Cutler being Cutler, and now Christian Ponder??

The only one I'll give them credit for is keeping Stafford in check, but I can't comment on that game from an x's and o's standpoint b/c we didn't get the game here, and I didn't see it - only saw the stat sheet, which looked good... except for the final score of course.

I knew you guys would come away from the bar and puff your chests out after we beat down a weak sister, lol...

At least we beat a team we were supposed to beat - more good news, Miami has a lousy QB and an overall lousy offense... Dom for Coach of the Year!!!

I was very impressed with the pass rush until the fourth quarter, and disappointed in the way the line seemed to bend on the running game - things looked bottled up, but a running back would push the line and end up with five or six yards.

I don't think anyone here is seeing last night's win for more than what it was - a nice win that showed improvements in some areas (the offense's running game, getting turnovers) and problems in other areas (the defense's run bulwark being soft at times). And I think we acknowledge that the Vikings' injuries and Ponder's putrid play should not be forgotten.

But it was a win. We hope that this will help the team's confidence and understanding of the schemes as they travel to Miami.

But your refusal to allow for any joy or any hope at all can seem suffocating. Man, enjoy the moment.