Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
Ahh, you equate 1-2 people discussing things with the entire board. I'm really starting to get your rants lately. Maybe I'm going crazy too?
As Bruce Willis said in Die Hard, "Welcome to the party pal... "

And yes, I'm sure your name has been added to the "undesireables" list... off to reeducation for us soon enough

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the X's and O's of football... it is like building a house - you have to have a solid foundation, and what crazy shit you do after that is up to you. If you don't have a solid foundation, however, the building will collapse. Frank Lloyd Wright used to build some of the nuttiest looking shit imaginable, but what he built was stable and solidly founded. The same applies to just about any systemic platform.

What Capers does is fundamentally unsound, b/c if you don't control the LOS, and you're weak up the middle - you can't win consistently. Maybe your team has enough talent to cover up for the flawed philosophical approach against less talented teams; but, against a tough opponent who takes those fundamentals seriously - you're going to get slapped around, and you're more than likely going to lose; and that is what we have been witness to for the past 3-4 years.

At this early stage of the season, it looks like the teams to beat in the NFC are Seattle, Dallas, Detroit, and maybe Arizona... all of those teams are tougher and more physical than we are. Philly isn't bad - but I'm not sold on Foles.

Maybe SF, NO, and Carolina rebound, I don't know... but the NFC isn't looking like the juggernaut we all thought it would be. And don't forget the Giants - they are suddenly showing signs of life again - a team that has been slow to round into form in the past, and a team that has whipped our asses in the trenches twice on their way to winning Superbowls.

Unless MM and Capers take their blinders off and adopt a tougher, more physical mindset and approach - we're not going anywhere this year.