In the words of Lombardi, "what the hell is going on out there?" The defense, save for a couple of turnovers was as bad as the offense was good today. It reminded me of 2011 all over again. Lots of yards, big plays, some turnovers created, bend, but don't break. The best defense is the offense getting a big lead, not being able to run the ball effectively...you know the story.

Calling all Packerrats who understand schemes and formations. What are you seeing from a scheme/personnel standpoint that is allowing the Packers defense to get gashed? What could/should Capers be doing to get this fixed? This is embarrassing. If the Packers can't stop the run, and give up almost a first down on every opposing offensive snap, how can they ever hope to get pressure? There's no obvious passing down on second/third and manageable, and if the Packers are getting gashed in the run game, why would the opposing offense ever let up?

Again, I get that they won today and that makes me happy, but if this goes the way of 2011's defense, if/when we get to the post season, it will be the same story. The Packers will face a superior defense that will find a way to take away what the offense wants to do, and then the defense not having a big lead to hold onto will be exposed again. Rather than just bitching about what Capers is not doing, it would and interesting discussion to hear from some of you scheme gurus to see what the Packers could do to fix the defense to fix what ails them.