Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
I was very impressed with the pass rush until the fourth quarter, and disappointed in the way the line seemed to bend on the running game - things looked bottled up, but a running back would push the line and end up with five or six yards.

I don't think anyone here is seeing last night's win for more than what it was - a nice win that showed improvements in some areas (the offense's running game, getting turnovers) and problems in other areas (the defense's run bulwark being soft at times). And I think we acknowledge that the Vikings' injuries and Ponder's putrid play should not be forgotten.

But it was a win. We hope that this will help the team's confidence and understanding of the schemes as they travel to Miami.

But your refusal to allow for any joy or any hope at all can seem suffocating. Man, enjoy the moment.

I enjoyed the win... and I expect we'll look good next weak against another weak opponent.

I keep my eye on the big picture though... we don't need to beat Minnesota and Miami (of course we do, but big whoop) to win a championship, we need to beat Seattle, and Denver, and SF, etc.

Some of your brethren like to harken back to 2012 when we finished 12th in defense - doesn't mean much when you get completely blasted in the playoffs in embarrassing, demoralizing, 'somebody please stop the fight' fashion.

A win is great, and if it portends true change?? Then I'd be happy, but Dom is Dom... every PackerRat should be fully aware that he is entirely capable of coming out next week with an asinine game plan that gives up 600 yds, 40 pts, and adds up to a loss. That's who the guy is.

I need more than 1 game against a weak opponent before I start polishing laurels.