Thread: The Defense - Again, the Defense :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I'll give Dom credit on this one. The defense got gashed for the first 19 minutes of the game for 180 yds and 3 TDs on 3 drives. Then for the last 41 minutes it was 8 drives for 133 yds with 3 pts, 5 punts and a turnover along with a 4th quarter stop on 4th down. He realized what he was doing wasn't working and changed things up. I've criticized him for his lack of adjustments, but he did a real good job on Sunday. They didn't get gashed on the ground after those 3 drives and the pass rush was real good as well. The beginning was awful, but I'll give credit when credit's due.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I'll give Dom credit on this one. The defense got gashed for the first 19 minutes of the game for 180 yds and 3 TDs on 3 drives. Then for the last 41 minutes it was 8 drives for 133 yds with 3 pts, 5 punts and a turnover along with a 4th quarter stop on 4th down. He realized what he was doing wasn't working and changed things up. I've criticized him for his lack of adjustments, but he did a real good job on Sunday. They didn't get gashed on the ground after those 3 drives and the pass rush was real good as well. The beginning was awful, but I'll give credit when credit's due.
    I am not sure how much was adjustments. There was a lot of 4-3, jumbo nickel (Boyd and Guion).

There might have been, oddly enough, less of Matthews at roving LB with Peppers-Jones-Daniels-Neal up front. That unit got gashed several times straight up the middle. Saw a lot more Lattimore later in the game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.