Thread: DuJuan Harris

DuJuan Harris

Why isn't he touching the ball? He always seems like a spark plug when he goes in there and is a nice change of pace for Lacy/Starks... A few touches a game will help keep Lacy fresh and another weapon to help take the pressure off Rodgers and his calf.... Not saying he should get the ball 20 times but maybe 5 or 6 times a game?

I'm thinking that game planning for Harris and 4-6 rushing and/or screen pass plays simply is too complicated to realistically fit in.

MM likes to keep it simple.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'm thinking that game planning for Harris and 4-6 rushing and/or screen pass plays simply is too complicated to realistically fit in.

MM likes to keep it simple.
    Are you implying Stubby can't walk and chew gum at the same time?

I think Harris not playing is a roster move more than anything. If you activate Harris (who is no longer returning kicks), who do you make inactive?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    My refrigerator delivery guy claimed Harris was in the best shape of his life this past August. Unfortunately, Stubby wanted backs that could be in on all three downs, and both Lacy and the Stark Plug fulfill that role. Harris is the odd man out. If he could have just distinguished himself on kickoffs it might be another matter, but with the substandard blocking, he had little chance.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by ptisme View Post
    Why isn't he touching the ball? He always seems like a spark plug
    It's funny that it's been years since cars had spark plugs. (I think.) When did players stop getting compared to starting cranks? Maxie? Beuller?

I wouldn't mind him getting a few carries, but it is not like Starks is overworked, and he is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    It's funny that it's been years since cars had spark plugs. (I think.)
    LOL
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    It's funny that it's been years since cars had spark plugs. (I think.) When did players stop getting compared to starting cranks? Maxie? Beuller?
    You been drinking, Harlan?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

It's funny that it's been years since cars had spark plugs. (I think.)
    probably this explains why your Chevelle won't start and you have to walk everywhere.

They can't even get Starks enough carries.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    They can't even get Starks enough carries.
    Right.

But I'm a little pissed off. Haven't new cars had electronic ignitions the past 10 years or so? When is the last time anybody talked about "having points set." Spark plugs are for lawn mowers, gocarts and nicknames.

edit: I guess they are still in there.

lacy and starks have been enough. if they bring harris in it's obvious it's for something designed just for him. that shit never works.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Are you implying Stubby can't walk and chew gum at the same time?

I think Harris not playing is a roster move more than anything. If you activate Harris (who is no longer returning kicks), who do you make inactive?
    Actually I mean that they have Starks as the backup change of pace RB and he does a decent job.

Starks is the NO. 2 RB and if either he or Eddie Lacy went down; then MM would have confidence in DuJuan Harris.

If DuJuan Harris isn't going to play ST's (return KO's/punts) then you dress a more useful player.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-01-2015 at 05:25 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Harris is nothing special, don't get the pining for him at all.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Harris is nothing special, don't get the pining for him at all.
    QFT, Lacy averaged 4.6 a carry and people are pining for a 3rd string RB.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    probably this explains why your Chevelle won't start and you have to walk everywhere.
    Harlan is running McDonalds fry oil in his biodiesel TDI.

Depending on the health of The Calf™, Harris might be inactive again as he was the guy moved to make room for Tolzien last week versus the Stompers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The obvious reason is that Green Bay is saving Harris for the (potential) Seahawks game as the secret weapon!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Harlan is running McDonalds fry oil in his biodiesel TDI.
    TDI? Too new, too expensive. Probs: