Thread: The Defense - Again, the Defense :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Statistically, and elite offense vs an elite defense should be pretty close to a 50/50 proposition. Green Bay's offense has been stifled by elite defenses to an unsettling degree of consistency. They should, at times, be able to dictate those games and that has not been the case for the last couple of years.
    That's certainly not due to a lack of quality skill position players - it is due to the OL and TT/MM's philosophy which rejects run blocking offensive linemen. The only way we can run the ball, is if we can pass the ball to set up the run.

It's the same old stuff with this team.

Still as I've explained, the offense has a track record of righting the ship over time - the defense being a mess is a constant.

We simply are not a legit contender, and as long as Dom Capers is our DC - we have no shot at another SB. The SB 3+ years ago really was a 'fart in the wind'. We got on a roll offensively, and only had to play flawed teams, very flawed teams, to win the title.

Now, some legit teams have risen up and we simply cannot compete with them. That's been proven over and over again... in embarrassing fashion I would add. In post-game coverage, some Packer analysts were talking about how in the last few years, we are 0-6 against the tough, physical, defensive minded teams like Seattle and SF.

We simply are not a contender - not with a defense like that.
    wist

This defense in just poorly coached period. I coach 11-12 year old football and the easiest way to move the ball is misdirection, making three or four total opposite plays look just alike, trying to make the defense figure out who has the ball. Having 3 kids chasing a kid who doesnt even have the ball. Having your fastest guy just flying around as a decoy while the defense is drawn to him like a moth to a flame. Thats exactly what Sea did to us last night, they ran Pop Warner plays, playactions, our players were frozen. One play Peppers literally looked like he was playing freeze tag and was "it" while the guy ran past him, We were chasing guys who didnt even have the ball.

That screen to Lynch when they ran Harvin to the opposite side sucked in all the GB defense and tossed it to Lynch, MAN WE RUN THAT PLAY!!!!

I've seen 12 year old teams play the read option better than GB last night and thats no joke.

No lane/gap discipline, horrible outdated schemes. Its time to give Capers some much needed time off, he obviously is still running plays from his Steelers/ Panthers days. Anybody still calling this guy a guru, is living in the past.

Offseason, whoever is available on Sea or SF defensive staff for a DC position SIGN HIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armed Rodgery View Post
    This defense in just poorly coached period. I coach 11-12 year old football and the easiest way to move the ball is misdirection, making three or four total opposite plays look just alike, trying to make the defense figure out who has the ball. Having 3 kids chasing a kid who doesnt even have the ball. Having your fastest guy just flying around as a decoy while the defense is drawn to him like a moth to a flame. Thats exactly what Sea did to us last night, they ran Pop Warner plays, playactions, our players were frozen. One play Peppers literally looked like he was playing freeze tag and was "it" while the guy ran past him, We were chasing guys who didnt even have the ball.

That screen to Lynch when they ran Harvin to the opposite side sucked in all the GB defense and tossed it to Lynch, MAN WE RUN THAT PLAY!!!!

I've seen 12 year old teams play the read option better than GB last night and thats no joke.

No lane/gap discipline, horrible outdated schemes. Its time to give Capers some much needed time off, he obviously is still running plays from his Steelers/ Panthers days. Anybody still calling this guy a guru, is living in the past.

Offseason, whoever is available on Sea or SF defensive staff for a DC position SIGN HIM.
    LeRoy Butler was just commenting on wssp, that he did a double take, and had to rewind it to make he saw what he saw...

He said there was 1 play up the middle where Brad Jones was just completely frozen, and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix had to literally throw him out of the way to get a hit on the ball carrier, lol...
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    LeRoy Butler was just commenting on wssp, that he did a double take, and had to rewind it to make he saw what he saw...

He said there was 1 play up the middle where Brad Jones was just completely frozen, and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix had to literally throw him out of the way to get a hit on the ball carrier, lol...
    I would love to see a clip of this. I pray after this pitiful performance Jones becomes the water boy and not one of our starting ILBers.

The thing is Capers shouldn't be here NOW, the fact that TT keeps him proves that TT is far from being one of the best GM's in the NFL.

I'm some glad I missed seeing this game.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau