Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Packer Injury Thread

Packer Injury Thread

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutdo...193015800.html

Packers right tackle Bryan Bulaga out indefinitely with torn MCL

Happy Friday!

Different year, same old bullshit.

Hopefully he'll be back after the bye week. Although with our trainers you really need to take the estimated 7-8 weeks and double it.
    Go PACK

I think this is more on the Packers drafting than on medical staff. If a guy is injury prone and has weak bones/ligaments/tendons, well, there's not a whole lot the medical staff can do. Bulaga is just an injury prone guy.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I think this is more on the Packers drafting than on medical staff. If a guy is injury prone and has weak bones/ligaments/tendons, well, there's not a whole lot the medical staff can do. Bulaga is just an injury prone guy.
    I think Bulaga only missed 3 games in his college career, and that was due to a thyroid issue.

At this point though his knee is a significant issue
    Go PACK

This is Bulaga's final year on his contract. Tape him up and stick him back on the field.

If he doesn't show us anything, he may be gone. He may be gone even if he does show us something.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 42m
    Packers OT Bryan Bulaga's sprained MCL - (version of tear) - is not considered serious and he "should not miss much time," per source.

Knee sprain would be a lot better than a tear, please please. If any team is due some good injury news its the Packers.
    Go PACK

what happened to the days when all o-linemen wore braces on both knees and just played.

why is a guy who's coming off a serious season ending knee injury NOT wearing a knee brace to at least prevent further injuries?

i swear i'm getting to the point where if i was running the team every single player would be wearing knee braces and giant bubble helmets

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    why is a guy who's coming off a serious season ending knee injury NOT wearing a knee brace to at least prevent further injuries?
    A very good question indeed. College O-linemen all wear knee braces now. It must be a macho thing, knee braces don't go with tats

A story I read today said Bulaga was wearing a knee brace.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    A story I read today said Bulaga was wearing a knee brace.
    hard to really tell, but if he was wearing anything it was maybe a sleeve under his socks and pants, not a decent brace

There's clearly a brace there.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Coach Mike McCarthy on Friday wouldn't rule out the possibility that Bulaga could face the Jets. The players are off this weekend and return Monday with their next practice scheduled for Wednesday.

"Right now we have a little bit of a gap between how Bryan feels and how the medical department feels about him, which is normal," McCarthy said. "I think really Wednesday's practice will probably give us a better indication. I know Bryan would like to try to go on Wednesday, but we have to continue to see how his knee reacts between now and then.

"It's not a major injury. We're relieved by that. So I really don't have a timeline for you."
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...-mcl-left-knee

Sounds like the Packers may have dodged a Sherrod-coated bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    There's clearly a brace there.
    i'm thinking he was wearing something like this

when he should have been wearing something like this

I gotcha, but in the picture it looks like he's wearing something closer to the second one. You can see the lateral stabilizing piece extend down past the rest of the unit (the rectangular lump in the green part of his sock).
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

He was wearing a brace. Whatsherface on the sideline even said that Bulaga took off his brace on the left leg before going to the locker room.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Michelle Tafoya
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

was wearing a brace. the early reports said tear but later everything was sprain...much better than a tear.

Bulaga and Bostick both participating in practice today.

Lacy and Brad Jones sitting out.