Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Packer Injury Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    "On if team is being more cautious with injuries early in the season... 'No, I think sometimes we may have done that in the past. I think our medical department tilts that way, but the reality is you’re only given 16 games and I know from a player’s perspective, they want to play in every single game. If Bryan Bulaga feels that he can go in this game, that’ll be a part of the decision. But we’re not saving anybody for next week or so forth. If Bryan cannot go, it will be clearly from a medical standpoint that we don’t feel it’s in his best interest.'"
    I am actually unsure if he is saying anything different than past practice. I think this quote is Holmgrenian.

The only info is that they used to be more cautious "in the past". Not sure that is true and it makes me think this is press conference word salad that allows him to say Bulaga won't sit if he can play. Sounds definitive and authoritarian, but its also patently obvious.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Everyone realizes that if Bulaga starts on Sunday, he'll leave the game injured again...right? We all know this....right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Everyone realizes that if Bulaga starts on Sunday, he'll leave the game injured again...right? We all know this....right?
    But deep down we cheer for Bulaga....cause he is a good guy and is a stellar OL when he's in

That's the difference between Bulaga and Fluffy
    Simply put one can play and one can't
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    But deep down we cheer for Bulaga....cause he is a good guy and is a stellar OL when he's in

That's the difference between Bulaga and Fluffy
    Is Bulaga more of a "good guy" than Sherrod?

It's just a bandwagon thing. Remember how people cheered against James Jones, James Starks, Darren Sharper early in their stumbling careers? Once you identify a player as bad, you kinda want them to fuck-up to validate your judgment, and to prod the coach to get um out of your site. If they turn it around, all is forgiven, in fact you kinda saw a spark there all along.

If Sherrod plays and screws the pooch, I'll be self-satisfied and say "I told you so."
    If Sherrod has a good game, I'll be happy and relieved, say "I told you so."
    I've been very careful to stake-out firm positions on both sides of the Sherry issue.

At this point, Bulaga has surpassed Sherrod in being unavailable. That is impressive in its own right.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    With Malumba going down with what MM termed a significant knee injury, is next man up Adrian Hubbard?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

It's just a bandwagon thing. Remember how people cheered against James Jones, James Starks, Darren Sharper early in their stumbling careers? Once you identify a player as bad, you kinda want them to fuck-up to validate your judgment, and to prod the coach to get um out of your site. If they turn it around, all is forgiven, in fact you kinda saw a spark there all along.

If Sherrod plays and screws the pooch, I'll be self-satisfied and say "I told you so."
    I've been very careful to stake-out firm positions on both sides of the Sherry issue.
    Nice post.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    With Malumba going down with what MM termed a significant knee injury, is next man up Adrian Hubbard?
    I don't think they need another OLB, but they need somebody to replace him on special teams. I wonder if Chris Banjo will get the call--unless Elliott or possibly Hubbard could do it.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I wonder if Bulaga will play. MCL sprain = MCL tear, it could be a couple more weeks

Banjo seems like the obvious choice, since Hyde is also banged up and that leaves us with 3 safeties...

Blog Entries

Honestly I don't know much about Sherrod the person so I have no idea; I just don't think he's as good
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

It's pretty clear that a healthy Bulaga is preferrable to Sherry at RT. What I would hope is that Bulaga would stop getting hurt and maybe Sherrod could improve his game and push Bakhtiari at LT, where the dancing bear type is less of a liability and more of the ideal.

Andy Mulumba K. ‏@A49K 1h
    1/2 Unfortunately, My ACL injury was confirmed this morning, and it's just one of those bumps on the road! Nothing that I can't overcome!

Just not his year.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    It was wierd, I was out running the other day and I was thinking about where to watch the next Packer game and suddenly my hammy tightened up.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    It was wierd, I was out running the other day and I was thinking about where to watch the next Packer game and suddenly my hammy tightened up.
    Where are you going to watch the next Packers game?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Hopefully the couch with that hammy iced up!

Is Bostick going to be a factor Sunday?

Hayward has NOT injured his hammy.

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 5h
    #Packers injury report:
    Bulaga knee limited
    Hayward glute DNP
    Hyde knee limited
    Jones quad DNP
    Mulumba knee out

Its the quad he hurt compensating/strengthening for the hammy.

Blog Entries
    Is Bostick going to be a factor Sunday?
    I hope so.

TE has become a vast wasteland.

I actually miss Fin a little.

At least he ran free enuff to get targeted, then he'd drop the ball.

This bunch doesn't even warrant a second look.

As so often happens, the rook who dazzles us in the preseason discovers that the real games are much, much more difficult.

Quarless is a pedestrian on a highway, we know that, but Rodgers was supposed to be a ball magnet. So far, he hasn't done much.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack