Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Packer Injury Thread

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Bulaga and Bostick both participating in practice today.
    Save their legs for Detroit

Teach Sherrod to scream "LOOKOUT!" at appropriate times. Instruct Rodgers to immediately hit the deck. They'll get through it against the Nyets.

If Sherrod is in again....wait....WHEN he is in again he definitely needs to work on the warning sounds he emits when someone blows by his worthless ass.
    C.H.U.D.

If Sherrod starts we all better pray they put a TE and/or Kuhn over there to help him out or Rodgers will get killed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If Sherrod starts we all better pray they put a TE and/or Kuhn over there to help him out or Rodgers will get killed again.
    McCarthy's had time to review the tape, I'm sure he'll finally make the adjustment by now.

Silverstein said on radio that Bulaga limped in practice, doubts he will play.

As long as Bulaga's not out for a long time this could actually be a good thing, will tell whether there is any point in holding onto Sherrod.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    As long as Bulaga's not out for a long time this could actually be a good thing, will tell whether there is any point in holding onto Sherrod.
    I heard the Jets front 7 is pretty good, best part of team.

I don't believe that Bulaga at 80% is really better than Sherry at 100%. Sherry should play. It'll be a miracle if Sherry can keep from whiffing, given the tape on him now. But as Al Michaels once said.....

Anyone knows the risk of further injuring a knee sprain from playing on it? I'd prefer Bulaga sit and rest another week if there is even the slightest chance
    Go PACK

Probably not too much chance in worsening it, but will prohibit healing. If he's not 100%, he should sit and let it heal.

If he's gimping around that badly on a Wednesday or Thursday, sit his azz out, give Sherrod all the remaining reps at RT, and let him start, knowing you might need to shift help his way.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If he's gimping around that badly on a Wednesday or Thursday, sit his azz out, give Sherrod all the remaining reps at RT, and let him start, knowing you might need to shift help his way.
    I agree, tell Sherrod he is starting, and if he does not improve significantly, bye bye...

Just picture in your mind Sherrod in the Detroit dome in two weeks against that D-line.
    Then ask yourself whether you want Bulaga to rest his leg this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'm sure they will have Bulaga take all the #1 reps while Sherrod "Visuallizes" taking those reps and working in tune with the rest of the line.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Say, did anybody else notice a shift in MM's public response about injuries and holding players out when he was axed about Bulaga playing this Sunday?

This caught my attention:

"On if team is being more cautious with injuries early in the season... 'No, I think sometimes we may have done that in the past. I think our medical department tilts that way, but the reality is you’re only given 16 games and I know from a player’s perspective, they want to play in every single game. If Bryan Bulaga feels that he can go in this game, that’ll be a part of the decision. But we’re not saving anybody for next week or so forth. If Bryan cannot go, it will be clearly from a medical standpoint that we don’t feel it’s in his best interest.'"

Sure, MM paints the picture as if the team is still treating injured players the same way, but I see more emphasis in this passage (and the next one in the story) about the importance of individual games, and thus the importance of not "saving" players by holding them out.

Are we going to see a shift in the Packers' playing of injured players? Are players listed as "questionable," which in the past seemed to mean "out," now be playing?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Silverstein said on radio that Bulaga limped in practice, doubts he will play.
    Report yesterday was that Bulaga looked hobbled on Wednesday but looked better on Thursday.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Report yesterday was that Bulaga looked hobbled on Wednesday but looked better on Thursday.
    Ya, I know, what a bad idea it is for him to play. I doubt he'll be better than Sherrod, and there is risk.

Ya, I know, what a bad idea it is for him to play. I doubt he'll be better than Sherrod, and there is risk.
    This is the Packers we're talking about. The only time there is not risk is when someone is sitting in a padded room and covered from head to toe in bubble wrap. And that player would probably pull a hamstring from inactivity. With Bulaga there will be risk when he returns no matter how long they wait...the chances of him suffering a season-ending injury are approximately 33% in any given game.

They should play Sherrod until Bulaga is not feeling effects of sprained knee. He is not going to be any better than Sherrod at handling speed rushers with gimpy knee, and Sherrod seems fine at other aspects of game.

Marco Rivera played with knee brace and slight MCL tear a few years ago, but that was at center.

They should play Sherrod until Bulaga is not feeling effects of sprained knee. He is not going to be any better than Sherrod at handling speed rushers with gimpy knee, and Sherrod seems fine at other aspects of game.

Marco Rivera played with knee brace and slight MCL tear a few years ago, but that was at center.
    When did Marco Rivera ever play Center?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

OK, guard, same thing.