Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson Indicted

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Start of the moment research on corporeal punishment, written up by a 17 year veteran of Public School teaching.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ce-of-spanking
    That's so fucking stupid of Barclay. If you hit an adult with a stick and leave welts, you go to jail for assault. If you hit a kid with a stick and leave welts, it's a teaching tool? How much further backwards could that thinking be?

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    That's so fucking stupid of Barclay. If you hit an adult with a stick and leave welts, you go to jail for assault. If you hit a kid with a stick and leave welts, it's a teaching tool? How much further backwards could that thinking be?
    In before "I turned out ok."
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

If my team screws up at work, I'm going to either hit them in the mouth or spank them. I'll report back later from home after I'm fired. But while at home if my kid spills milk on the floor, I'm beating her ass with a stick. Seems logical right?

If my team screws up at work, I'm going to either hit them in the mouth or spank them. I'll report back later from home after I'm fired. But while at home if my kid spills milk on the floor, I'm beating her ass with a stick. Seems logical right?
    Every time Peterson fumbles or misses a block, we know how to administer the proper discipline.

Charles also glosses over some minor brushes with the law of his own. Not exactly Rice or Peterson, but a plate glass window is a dangerous deterrent.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Leave Don Barclay out of this, he doesn't spank his kids and plus he's injured and cannot defend himself.

Spanking is the civic and domestic analogue to concussions in team sports. In both cases scientific evidence is way ahead of and completely at odds with mainstream culture.

May I just point out that the person making those comments was Barkley, as in Charles, not Barclay, as in Don.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Leave Don Barclay out of this, he doesn't spank his kids and plus he's injured and cannot defend himself.

Spanking is the civic and domestic analogue to concussions in team sports. In both cases scientific evidence is way ahead of and completely at odds with mainstream culture.
    Sounds like "settled science" once again.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/08/25/us...-spanking.html
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Remember that prick Partial who use to post in here? You can bet he never got spanked.
    Spanking is a different discussion. It really doesn't matter if AP only intended to deliver the sort of spanking that you approve of. What he actually did is child abuse.

I think I have adopted you as my surrogate online dad because you are a raging lunatic just like my real dad. My dad smacked me a lot, and only me, because I emerged from the womb rebellious and irritating. But despite his anger, he never came close to hitting me hard. I imagine you are all bark, no bite too.

I remember one incident: I snatched the last sausage from the breakfast table. My dad rose to his feet and thundered, "Give me that sausage!" That phrase now is enshrined forever in family lore, it is sometimes yelled when somebody, say, snatches a TV remote at Thanksgiving.

How do you say "Give me that chorizo!" in spanish?

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    Sounds like "settled science" once again.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/08/25/us...-spanking.html
    Indeed. Tanier's article in my link touched on research that said there was evidence that "conditional spanking" had some positive affect.

However, I don't think Peterson falls into this category (from Howard's article):

Dr. Baumrind described findings from her own research, an analysis of data from a long-term study of more than 100 families, indicating that mild to moderate spanking had no detrimental effects when such confounding influences were separated out. When the parents who delivered severe punishment -- for example, frequently spanking with a paddle or striking a child in the face -- were removed from the analysis, Dr. Baumrind and her colleague, Dr. Elizabeth Owens, found that few harmful effects linked with spanking were left. And the few that remained could be explained by other aspects of the parent-child relationship.
    Stunning that if you remove the worst cases, the results are not as severe and "could" be explained by other factors they were unable to control for.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Spanking is a different discussion. It really doesn't matter if AP only intended to deliver the sort of spanking that you approve of. What he actually did is child abuse.

I think I have adopted you as my surrogate online dad because you are a raging lunatic just like my real dad. My dad smacked me a lot, and only me, because I emerged from the womb rebellious and irritating. But despite his anger, he never came close to hitting me hard. I imagine you are all bark, no bite too.

I remember one incident: I snatched the last sausage from the breakfast table. My dad rose to his feet and thundered, "Give me that sausage!" That phrase now is enshrined forever in family lore, it is sometimes yelled when somebody, say, snatches a TV remote at Thanksgiving.

How do you say "Give me that chorizo!" in spanish?
    Shudda given him the sausage, Harlan.

Stealing the last sausage always gets ya an ass whuppin'.

(Dime el tubesteak)

Jonathan Dwyer has been arrested in connection to a domestic assault that occurred in July. He has been deactivated.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ence-incident/

Best part?

Because he’s not a star player (unlike other accused players like Ray Rice, Greg Hardy and Adrian Peterson), it wouldn’t be at all surprising for the Cardinals simply to cut him and try to get this case behind them as soon as possible.

Of course, if the Cardinals do cut Dwyer, the next man up on the roster would likely be practice squad running back Chris Rainey — who has had two separate domestic violence incidents, one in college that got him kicked off the team at Florida, and one in the NFL that got him cut by the Steelers. Which serves as a reminder that the NFL has to do a whole lot more to get domestic abusers out of the league.
    The Arizona Cardinals: We think the Vikings do too much in the way of background checks.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jonathan Dwyer has been arrested in connection to a domestic assault that occurred in July. He has been deactivated.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ence-incident/

Best part?

The Arizona Cardinals: We think the Vikings do too much in the way of background checks.
    They're just biding their time until they can draft Jameis Winston.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    After careful consideration I've revised my stance on this. The child was 4. That is too young to be disciplining them as such. I can see spanking a 10 year old or something. 4 year old is just too young.
    If one is still spanking their kid when the kid is 10, they've lost (The parent not the child, well, maybe the child as well.)

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Now the Vikings are releasing Jerome Simpson for his forbidden love of mary jane.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

We need some Bear and Lion players to get suspended to help balance the stupidity out.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Now the Vikings are releasing Jerome Simpson for his forbidden love of mary jane.
    It could be they released him for his parole violations. He's not a smart man.

Anyone else see the story about APs high school coach, he had a paddle he used on his players??? The more I see of this story, the more I think AP really thinks what he was doing was right, and good for the kid.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Anyone else see the story about APs high school coach, he had a paddle he used on his players??? The more I see of this story, the more I think AP really thinks what he was doing was right, and good for the kid.
    If AP had a paddle, he would still be on the team.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    He could sure use a paddle for that creek he's on.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!