Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson Indicted

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Anybody else get a creepy feeling when his kid referred to him as "Daddy Peterson"?

After the game tonight, ESPN had Ray Lewis on a panel advising the NFL on protecting its reputation. I can hardly describe how awkward this was.
    Somebody's tweet, "Ray Lewis had some killer advice on the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson situations."
    Kid must have two dads. Knew it!
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    7 children, 5 different mothers.
    You'd think he would have developed some other parenting skills with that kind of brood.
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-16-2014 at 08:05 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Radisson pulls corporate sponsorship with Vikings!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Radisson pulls corporate sponsorship with Vikings!
    To me this is the beginning of the end for AP. When money stops flowing into the NFL, they will listen and do what is needed to keep the money flowing.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Anybody else get a creepy feeling when his kid referred to him as "Daddy Peterson"?
    All I could think of was Dennis Hopper wearing a helium mask and saying "Daddy's home!"

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I really feel bad for their HC Zimmer. This guy is being put in some really awkward places. He was on the local radio yesterday and you could just feel that he didn't know how to explain why AP was reactivated. The radio guy just kept coming at him about APs actions and Zimmer just was floundering. They guy is in a hell of a tough spot.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I really feel bad for their HC Zimmer. This guy is being put in some really awkward places. He was on the local radio yesterday and you could just feel that he didn't know how to explain why AP was reactivated. The radio guy just kept coming at him about APs actions and Zimmer just was floundering. They guy is in a hell of a tough spot.
    Maybe, but I get the feeling he knows where is bread is buttered. I wonder if the NFL will implement classes on how to handle this sort of thing. Would be better than cue cards.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Two four year olds by different mothers. Hmmmmmmnnnn........ I didn't know Jesus got around so much.........
    You don't hear much about the first 30 years.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Awesome.

But it begs the question, what will it take for Madtown to shutdown this board?
    It's a long time coming.
    We need to let due process run its course.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    You don't hear much about the first 30 years.
    Biblical. +1
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Trent Dilfer said something about this last night after the game.

It was the Wilf's decision and then they made the GM and Head Coach go in front of the media and explain it. Both were unprepared for the follow questions after reading their statements off of cue cards.

-Tim Harmston

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    7 children, 5 different mothers.
    Wow, he truly is All Day!!

Blog Entries
    Awesome.

But it begs the question, what will it take for Madtown to shutdown this board?
    It's a long time coming.
    There was a device implanted in your chest (it was inserted anally because we wanted to take the scenic route) that is set to self destruct the site once your heart stops beating.

Vikings handing out purple switches to fans this Sunday.

Blog Entries
    Vikings handing out purple switches to fans this Sunday.
    Haha!! May you live forever!!!

When you've lost the fans, you've lost. And by that standard, the Minnesota Vikings are in trouble.

VikingsMessageBoard.com, a longtime board devoted to discussion of the Minnesota Vikings, has shut down forever because of its owners' disgust with the burgeoning Adrian Peterson scandal. And oh, are there plenty of people to be disgusted at. Sure, there's Peterson himself, indicted on charges of child abuse. But the proprietors of the message board also offered the following note, via SB Nation:

Vikings Message Board has been shut down permanently. It will not return. There are two primary reasons.

1. The Vikings' cowardly decision to reinstate a child abuser and think that an apology will make this blow over. We will not stand for this arrogance and we will no longer be the home of any support of the Vikings. We stand for those who cannot defend themselves.

2. We will not give a voice to thugs who think child abuse is "cultural" or worse, openly advocate child abuse as a reasonable method of punishment. This ends here. Yes, a few board members have ruined it for everyone. Congratulations, [jerks].

So there you go. This is why the Internet can't have nice things, and this is why the NFL and its teams are fumbling these current controversies so badly. There are plenty of reasonable NFL fans disgusted with every angle of this story, and now, they've got one less outlet for their views.

Yahoo Sports' comments remain open below, and we are certain that you will offer insightful, measured responses to both this and the Adrian Peterson story as a whole
    Seems like the Vikes fanbase is fracturing a bit. Rube Chat is blowing up.

Q: How do you keep AP from beating his kid?

A: Tell AP it's a playoff game.

The Vikings Love Boat has hit an iceberg, and the Zygi Wilf band plays on.

Gamblin' Rat
    I had read that the 7 kids 5 moms thing is only speculated, as AP has refused to divulge such information. Which means it could me even more.

Now there's a story on ESPN describing the discipline he experienced from his dad while growing up in TX. WHO CARES?!

This is turning into the exact circus I figured it would.

After careful consideration I've revised my stance on this. The child was 4. That is too young to be disciplining them as such. I can see spanking a 10 year old or something. 4 year old is just too young.