Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson Indicted

CutlerquitRat HOFer

Adrian Peterson Indicted

Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

It's not clear right now what this is about.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...-indicted.html

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was reportedly indicted on Friday for reckless or negligent injury to a child in North Montgomery County, Texas.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

i mean, could this be something as simple as leaving a kid in a car while you run into a store, or not having a child in a car seat?

this could be a simple thing, like letting a little kid drive a 4-wheeler and he crashes (all of us from wisconsin or the UP have done it, and it was a blast). or it could be something much much worse

it was an 11 year old boy visiting AP who returned home with some bruises. thats all we know. they could have been playing football in the front yard, or AP could have beaten him

need to wait for details on this one before we lynch him

How about a little tackle football in the backyard, son?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i mean, could this be something as simple as leaving a kid in a car while you run into a store, or not having a child in a car seat?

this could be a simple thing, like letting a little kid drive a 4-wheeler and he crashes (all of us from wisconsin or the UP have done it, and it was a blast). or it could be something much much worse

it was an 11 year old boy visiting AP who returned home with some bruises. thats all we know. they could have been playing football in the front yard, or AP could have beaten him

He's accused of spanking his kid with a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    He's accused of spanking his kid with a switch.
    OK, sounds like there is a problem here. I hope the proposed remedy is not a transfer of $1M

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    OK, sounds like there is a problem here. I hope the proposed remedy is not a transfer of $1M
    That's old school. I shouldn't joke about it since I don't know the details.....there's a difference between spanking your kid and whipping him bloody.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Thats the thing. If it is just a couple of very small marks then the kid was disciplined...if it was bloody welts then look out he is in TROUBLE. In the post Ray Rice world he will be crushed.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

hey, when i lived in the south in the late 80's early 90's it was perfectly acceptable for the principle to bend you over his knee and paddle you with a great big paddle if you got busted for even a simple little thing

those left fucking marks

Well 'switch' wasn't a word i expected to come across today.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    He admitted to using the switch. It was on the bare thighs of the kid. He's not playing Sunday and the local guys are saying the indefinate suspension is likely too
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Remember the good ol' days when you turned on Sportscenter and they just reported scores and highlights?

I would have bet money you could not be indicted for this offense in Texas.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

hmmm, that doesn't look so good

like i said, this kind of thing is pretty accepted in the south. but from people not familiar with it, it looks really bad

i think this is gonna really be bad for AP because i think the NFL will go all out on him after the ray rice fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Actually, it now appears it was a 4 year old boy. That's pretty young for anything like this.

details of the case are changing by the minute

Looks like Adrian Peterson will be out this year while this gets sorted out.

I do think he will be welcomed back to NFL. I know I'm jumping ahead, but those pictures tell a pretty clear story of what happened.

Peterson's attorney released a statement:

“Adrian Peterson has been informed that he was indicted by a grand jury in Montgomery County, Texas for Injury to a Child. The charged conduct involves using a switch to spank his son. This indictment follows Adrian’s full cooperation with authorities who have been looking into this matter. Adrian is a loving father who used his judgment as a parent to discipline his son. He used the same kind of discipline with his child that he experienced as a child growing up in east Texas. Adrian has never hidden from what happened. He has cooperated fully with authorities and voluntarily testified before the grand jury for several hours. Adrian will address the charges with the same respect and responsiveness he has brought to this inquiry from its beginning. It is important to remember that Adrian never intended to harm his son and deeply regrets the unintentional injury.”

He gave that kid a pretty good whipping. In this day and age probably not the brightest thing to do.

Now we know why he called Jerry Jones and said he'd like to play for him. This happened in May, he must have realized his days as the highest paid running back in the NFL were about to come to a close.