Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson Indicted

I've changed my mind on this too. It takes a little while to absorb what happened. The little kid was stripped naked, lashed many times all over his body causing cuts. His hands were all cut up from trying to defend himself. Leaves stuffed in his mouth to shut him up.
    Daddy Peterson.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...762_story.html

Thank God, the complete madness is over. This has been a good lesson.

I like the "permanent suspension" wording better than permissions list
    http://ow.ly/BAr3x
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...762_story.html

Thank God, the complete madness is over. This has been a good lesson.
    Let's hope so. Don't the Wilf's realize there are fantasy football owners all over this country who need to know one way or the other whether Peterson is going to play?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    This part of the Wilfs statement is particularly laughable (not that the situation causing the decision is at all laughable):

"We are always focused on trying to make the right decision as an organization. We embrace our role – and the responsibilities that go with it – as a leader in the community, as a business partner and as an organization that can build bridges with our fans and positively impact this great region. We appreciate and value the input we have received from our fans, our partners and the community."

Translation...when the bottom line started to be affected, we realized we messed up and reversed our previous snap decision.

I'm not sure what the rush was to make this decision on Monday. Couldn't they have taken the time to privately take the temperature of the room, talk to corporate sponsors, some fans, press and get an idea of their outrage before making a decision seemingly in a vacuum and then having to reverse course the next day? That's embarrassing. I wonder how Rastak feels this morning.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    This part of the Wilfs statement is particularly laughable (not that the situation causing the decision is at all laughable):

"We are always focused on trying to make the right decision as an organization. We embrace our role – and the responsibilities that go with it – as a leader in the community, as a business partner and as an organization that can build bridges with our fans and positively impact this great region. We appreciate and value the input we have received from our fans, our partners and the community."

Translation...when the bottom line started to be affected, we realized we messed up and reversed our previous snap decision.

I'm not sure what the rush was to make this decision on Monday. Couldn't they have taken the time to privately take the temperature of the room, talk to corporate sponsors, some fans, press and get an idea of their outrage before making a decision seemingly in a vacuum and then having to reverse course the next day? That's embarrassing. I wonder how Rastak feels this morning.
    Really tired, unrelated to this stuff. They should have stuck to their original decision although that does make me a hypocrit since I was fine with them booting Chris Cook after he choked his girlfriend until her eyeballs popped out. I think this is really a matter of this dude being completely misguided in his beliefs. Hope he gets some help.

Anyway, I really wish I could share in the outrage. I was pretty upset at the charges but at the end of the day we do have a legal system. As for football which is a minor part of it, doesn't concern me too much.

A dude with that that many kids better get his shit straight when it comes to dealing with them.

Last thing - did the NFL just make up that exempt list just for the hell of it? I've watched football since the late 60's and I've never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Last thing - did the NFL just make up that exempt list just for the hell of it?
    I was thinking the same thing Ras, because it never entered the national conversation until he was on it. My first thought was that it was an emergency measure the league put together to cover the owners, because "due process" wasn't cutting it on this one.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Blog Entries

7 children, 5 different mothers.

Wow, he truly is All Day!!
    All night, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Last thing - did the NFL just make up that exempt list just for the hell of it? I've watched football since the late 60's and I've never heard of it.
    Bob Ley ‏@BobLeyESPN 27m
    Adrian Peterson placed on Exempt Cmsnrs Permission list at 1:52am ET. In politics, that's called a document dump.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    The exempt list has been around for a while. Antonio Gates was put on it back in 05 when he wouldn't sign a new contract with the Chargers. I think it's so that way the player doesn't count against the roster size while whatever issue is being worked out. I thought it was mandatory that 3 games were missed by the player while on it.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    After careful consideration I've revised my stance on this. The child was 4. That is too young to be disciplining them as such. I can see spanking a 10 year old or something. 4 year old is just too young.
    Remember that prick Partial who use to post in here? You can bet he never got spanked.

The Vikings hold a title the team doesn’t celebrate – the most players arrested in the NFL.
    According to USA Today, 45 Minnesota Vikings have been arrested since 2000.
    That’s double the league average.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...er-of-arrests/

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Remember that prick Partial who use to post in here? You can bet he never got spanked.
    I'm confused how you equate this to spanking.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Bob Ley ‏@BobLeyESPN 27m
    Adrian Peterson placed on Exempt Cmsnrs Permission list at 1:52am ET. In politics, that's called a document dump.
    In the NFL its known as the Robert Irsay Mayflower Maneuver.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    The exempt list has been around for a while. Antonio Gates was put on it back in 05 when he wouldn't sign a new contract with the Chargers. I think it's so that way the player doesn't count against the roster size while whatever issue is being worked out. I thought it was mandatory that 3 games were missed by the player while on it.
    I think its the Exempt List for those who don't fit for any other list. Because Peterson and apparently hardy (should the team decide to do it) will be paid while on it. Most other lists you get to be on for being stubborn or detrimental don't involve your usual salary.

I think it is literally, the Commissioner is letting you stash the player here, list.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Gamblin' Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    The Vikings hold a title the team doesn’t celebrate – the most players arrested in the NFL.
    According to USA Today, 45 Minnesota Vikings have been arrested since 2000.
    That’s double the league average.
    Probably doesn't even include the Wizzinator Incident.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I'm confused how you equate this to spanking.
    EDIT: Really discovering Auto Correct is Not Helping

State of the moment research on corporeal punishment, written up by a 17 year veteran of Public School teaching.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ce-of-spanking
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-17-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan View Post
    Probably doesn't even include the Wizzinator Incident.
    Because the Whizzinator was innovation working at its finest. Just like this guy:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...he-exempt-list

Yep. Commissioner says "here is a mulligan" for some reason on roster count.