Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson Indicted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Who really gives a shit if AP never plays again, it's not like he is poor. I feel so fucking sorry for some of these rich, dumb asses that have the world by the balls, but keep screwing up because everyone always caters to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Who really gives a shit if AP never plays again, it's not like he is poor. I feel so fucking sorry for some of these rich, dumb asses that have the world by the balls, but keep screwing up because everyone always caters to them.
    But think of the children! The opportunities that will be denied to them! /sarcastic rant, left over from a comments made during a divorce proceeding
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shit, time to admit I was wrong about this guy.

All Day? More like All Done.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    If he is smart he pays one of his entourage to take an embezzlement charge
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    If he is smart he pays one of his entourage to take an embezzlement charge
    Might not have to do more than open the books fully to have someone in his entourage take the rap. However it has his name on it, and with all the other shit he's in, he'll take some of the heat even if it is not all the heat.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Might not have to do more than open the books fully to have someone in his entourage take the rap. However it has his name on it, and with all the other shit he's in, he'll take some of the heat even if it is not all the heat.
    His (well, his agent's) response is that is all ancient history, all the indiscretions pre-date 2011 when problems were found and a house cleaning was done. If that's true, and it should be easy to verify, this is a non-story that the media is dig up and didn't verify for the purpose of chucking more mud at him.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    His (well, his agent's) response is that is all ancient history, all the indiscretions pre-date 2011 when problems were found and a house cleaning was done. If that's true, and it should be easy to verify, this is a non-story that the media is dig up and didn't verify for the purpose of chucking more mud at him.

Yea, that shit was old news and the local press is piling on. He might be gone before next year, frankly I'm tired as hell of thinking about it so whatever.

I have read that athlete foundations are really just ways to put family and friends on a tax-free payroll. Its not too surprising.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    So he's pleading not guilty, so that means he won't get a trial for 9-12 months. Even if he does get acquitted or probation (so no jail time), he's still likely to get the 6 game domestic violence ban from the NFL. So not only is he 2014 season likely over, his 2015 is mostly gone as well, assuming a team signs him as I'm pretty sure MN is going to release him.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    So he's pleading not guilty, so that means he won't get a trial for 9-12 months. Even if he does get acquitted or probation (so no jail time), he's still likely to get the 6 game domestic violence ban from the NFL. So not only is he 2014 season likely over, his 2015 is mostly gone as well, assuming a team signs him as I'm pretty sure MN is going to release him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-1-trial-date/

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Interesting. I totally get why they want a quick trial date just to get this over with. I heard on the radio that it all depends on when the judge has an opening and that may not even be known tomorrow when they go to court to enter the plea.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I think Peterson is divorced from reality if he thinks he will play football this year. Even if he is acquitted, he can't make those pictures and police reports go away.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think Peterson is divorced from reality if he thinks he will play football this year. Even if he is acquitted, he can't make those pictures and police reports go away.

Yea, I agree he's probably divorced from reality...no idea what the NFL would do as a punishment on an aquittal.

Rusty Hardin got Roger Clemens a not guilty plea on six counts of perjury, when the guy who was injecting him with PEDs testified against him. So i put nothing past him here.

The real fun will be Goodell trying to make a suspension stick given his track record of being all over the map vis a vis domestic violence and taking court results under advisement. He's going to need a new coat of Teflon before he's done.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The NFL trying to look PC on the domestic abuse issue, is going to wreck someones career. It will only be a matter of time, before some psycho bitch decides she wants to get revenge on the NFL player that dumped her. The law with domestics already screws over the man, even when the woman is the abuser. Now Goodell's rules just assume guilt before anything is proved. The NFL is sooo worried about covering their ass, that they are willing to throw their players under the bus. I'm not saying that AP is getting hosed and wrongly accused. But it will happen, and it will do irreversible damage to that players reputation/career.

The NFL trying to look PC on the domestic abuse issue, is going to wreck someones career. It will only be a matter of time, before some psycho bitch decides she wants to get revenge on the NFL player that dumped her. The law with domestics already screws over the man, even when the woman is the abuser. Now Goodell's rules just assume guilt before anything is proved. The NFL is sooo worried about covering their ass, that they are willing to throw their players under the bus. I'm not saying that AP is getting hosed and wrongly accused. But it will happen, and it will do irreversible damage to that players reputation/career.
    So if the NFL is now PC, what precisely should they be doing differently?

Ray Rice is a great example to start with. Both parties were physical. Both may have been drunk. Only one did enough damage to knock someone unconscious. The court let her slide and gave him pre-trial diversion. So the Court gave him a slap on the wrist, as it were, but did accept his plea of guilty.

What suspension would be just in this case?

The NFL trying to look PC on the domestic abuse issue, is going to wreck someones career. It will only be a matter of time, before some psycho bitch decides she wants to get revenge on the NFL player that dumped her.
    I try and be fair to all parties in domestic abuse accusations. I think the "PC" thing is misplaced, it implies unfairness. None of the guys accused of domestic abuse, including Peterson, have been railroaded.

If and when somebody gets falsely accused and damaged, we can talk about a PC rush to judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I try and be fair to all parties in domestic abuse accusations. I think the "PC" thing is misplaced, it implies unfairness. None of the guys accused of domestic abuse, including Peterson, have been railroaded.

If and when somebody gets falsely accused and damaged, we can talk about a PC rush to judgement.
    It WILL happen, it's not like a gold digging whore has ever filed a false accusation against a rich athlete. This will just make it that much easier and instead of waiting to see if the player is guilty, they are punished immediately. Roger Goodell A.K.A Judge, jury, and executioner.

It WILL happen, it's not like a gold digging whore has ever filed a false accusation against a rich athlete. This will just make it that much easier and instead of waiting to see if the player is guilty, they are punished immediately. Roger Goodell A.K.A Judge, jury, and executioner.
    In your scenario, how does the women benefit?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    In your scenario, how does the women benefit?
    Obviously, a gold digger wants the stream to dry up so they can...

Oh, wait.

Does not compute.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.