Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Adrian Peterson Indicted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    In your scenario, how does the women benefit?
    In this scenario she does it for revenge, I shouldn't have used the gold digger term there. It WILL happen.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    IMO the NFL screwed up when they decided to take a stance on more than football. The NFL is like a Columbian coke lord, distributing its product through a number of giant drug cartels (cable companies). They need to worry about the integrity of their product sure, but casting judgment on the integrity of anything else is going to make it apparent they are out of their wheelhouse and is going to draw attention to the fact that they embody the idea of profits over people.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    the fact that they embody the idea of profits over people.
    What? The NFL surely isn't like that. You must have misunderstood them.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

IMO the NFL screwed up when they decided to take a stance on more than football. The NFL is like a Columbian coke lord, distributing its product through a number of giant drug cartels (cable companies). They need to worry about the integrity of their product sure, but casting judgment on the integrity of anything else is going to make it apparent they are out of their wheelhouse and is going to draw attention to the fact that they embody the idea of profits over people.
    Protect the shield sounded good but was much more complex than they imagined. I have some sympathy for a business trying to discipline its employees for off the clock behavior, (and sympathy for employees subjected to discipline unrelated to work) but the NFL waked straight into this voluntarily. Only their ignorance made them think this was going to be simple. And the NFLPA agreed. Astounding.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Protect the shield sounded good but was much more complex than they imagined. I have some sympathy for a business trying to discipline its employees for off the clock behavior, (and sympathy for employees subjected to discipline unrelated to work) but the NFL waked straight into this voluntarily. Only their ignorance made them think this was going to be simple. And the NFLPA agreed. Astounding.

...And I thought shields were supposed to do the protecting.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

IMO the NFL screwed up when they decided to take a stance on more than football.
    The NFL tried your approach and it failed miserably. They have no choice but to deal with the behavior of players.

Looks like he got the Dec 1 trial date. The prosecution is going to see if the judge will recuse himself for calling the attys "media whores", oh the horror. Looks like the only way this trial is being delayed is if this happens.

About 15% of domestic violence victims are men. Now, it's possible that the physical size and strength of an NFL player makes their situation different. We'll probably never know though. What NFL player is going to call the police and say he got beat up by his wife? The culture of the sport won't allow it.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Any good gold digging whore mastermind would have the sense to make a parlay bet on all of Peterson's player props categories before kicking off a scandal like this.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    WTF is he thinking? Not a chance the NFL lets him play this season now, although I didn't think before that they were. I'd be surprised if they don't penalize him for next season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    WTF is he thinking? Not a chance the NFL lets him play this season now, although I didn't think before that they were. I'd be surprised if they don't penalize him for next season as well.

Dude, they don't even have test results back yet. Jesus Christ.....although telling the dude collecting your sample you just smoked a joint ranks up with Koren Robinson showing up for jail on a DWI drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Dude, they don't even have test results back yet. Jesus Christ.....although telling the dude collecting your sample you just smoked a joint ranks up with Koren Robinson showing up for jail on a DWI drunk.
    I'm going to rush to judgment on him because I can. Also because he admitted to it like a dumbass.

"At some point you need evidence and that will have to be given to the police."

That's my point, the NFL is setting a precedent to act without evidence. Even if the player is eventually proved innocent, the damage is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post

That's my point, the NFL is setting a precedent to act without evidence. Even if the player is eventually proved innocent, the damage is done.
    That ship sailed long ago, see Ben Roethlisberger. In the cases of Rice and Hardy, they had a criminal proceeding to go on. Peterson has public photos. The new policy doesn't change anything. If anything, the players in these cases are better off as they are getting paid.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post

How exactly are they ever proved innocent? The criminal courts don't prove innocence.

Blog Entries
    The last sighting of the Duke Lacrosse "rape victim" was her mug shot.

In the can on a murder beef.

Peterson is suspended until April 15th (earliest reinstatement).

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 16m16 minutes ago
    NFL announces Adrian Peterson suspended without pay the rest of the 2014 season http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Dkx

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 15m15 minutes ago
    NFL notes its domestic violence policy of 6 games for 1st offense w/escalating discipline if a minor involved. Considers a switch a weapon

It is harsh, but I would say appropriate. AP will be back in league earning plenty. I hope he is a changed man, but that is optimistic.

Paul Pabst ‏@PaulPabst 23m23 minutes ago
    Trending...in order..."Charles Manson...Adrian Peterson...Goodell...NFLPA."
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.