Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson Indicted

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    The kid pushed some other kid off a bike, who knows how that shit went down but that kid could have got fucked up. Then he puts a pillow over fine kids face? Is that a way to play around??
    He pushed him off a video game bike simulator. The other kid wasn't doing 20 down the street.

Where did you get the pillow part from?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Defending child abuse. What the fuck is wrong with this place.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Jesus fucking christ, this is a large part of what is wrong with this country. You can't discipline your kids without getting your ass thrown in jail.
    Is the rule in your house "its not discipline until there is blood"?

You should try that at work. Next time someone screws up, punch them dead in the face. I am sure everyone will learn a lesson.
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-13-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jesus fucking christ, this is a large part of what is wrong with this country. A grown man can't beat the shit out of his 4 yr old with a foreign object without getting your ass thrown in jail.
    Fixed that for you to more elaborate your point.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Can't ride the snowmobile?????

Hahahahahaha!! Why am I even bothering with you fuks. Bunch of spoiled, had it all except "my parents love" crybabies.
    You forgot 'old'.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    And from what I read, AP is fully co-operating with the law because he essentially does not think he did anything wrong. A 200 lb plus football player punching a 4 year old IN THE FACE. NFL having a bad week...

The kid pushed some other kid off a bike, who knows how that shit went down but that kid could have got fucked up. Then he puts a pillow over fine kids face? Is that a way to play around??
    We did more than that. We swung the pillows at each other. Called 'em pillow fights when we were kids. I don't know how we survived that.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    And from what I read, AP is fully co-operating with the law because he essentially does not think he did anything wrong. A 200 lb plus football player punching a 4 year old IN THE FACE. NFL having a bad week...
    where is the punching the kid in the face part coming from? I thought he just swatted him with a switch, if he did punch the kid, that's going too far.

where is the punching the kid in the face part coming from? I thought he just swatted him with a switch, if he did punch the kid, that's going too far.
    From here: http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/...tment-charges/

Some tidbits like AP is apparently not an expert in how to use a switch (genius resorting to violence to discipline a child doesn't know that the end of the switch, like a whip, is traveling fastest, not the blunt middle he was probably swatting into his backside with):

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh” and also acknowledged the injury to the child’s scrotum in a text message, saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”
    Here is the bit about being punched:

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”

Pb got the link up before I did.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He pushed him off a video game bike simulator. The other kid wasn't doing 20 down the street.

Where did you get the pillow part from?
    Still a matter of respecting others.

The video on one of these links mentioned it. It was a Minnesota news station I believe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Defending child abuse. What the fuck is wrong with this place.
    Like rutnstrut and myself said, punching in the head is going too far.

Talking a lot of shit for the guy who has an avatar of a 4 year old looking kid probably getting brain damage.

peterson overreacted and now faces the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    "My name is Luka, I live on the second flooooooor"

Like rutnstrut and myself said, punching in the head is going too far.

Talking a lot of shit for the guy who has an avatar of a 4 year old looking kid probably getting brain damage.
    I'll talk all the shit I want to just like you will.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    peterson overreacted and now faces the consequences.
    The punching in the head stuff is what the kid said, might be 100% true, might be a complete fabrication. There's no way to know.

In my mind, there is no justification for whipping a 4 year old bloody with a stick. I am not opposed to spanking a kid, but people that carry it way too far I can't respect or understand.

All in all a very disappointing weekend. As an old dude I'm not into hero worship but as my favorite player in the NFL I do feel a short sharp kick to the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    What is so bad about this? Let me start a list:

1. Any discipline to a 4 year old that causes physical injury is excessive. Discipline that causes "scratches" (as you call them) that are still that visible a week later was clearly excessive. Kids heal amazingly fast. Cuts disappear within a few days. If these were truly "scratches" when they occurred, there would have been little to see just a few days later.

2. This was to a 4 year old child.

3. The transgression for which the child was punished seems to be the type of act little kids do. Maybe it was wrong, but did the type of punishment fit the crime?

4. This was to a 4 year old child.

5. The description of the number and locations of the injuries indicates that the "discipline" went on for quite some time. Again, for pushing another off a bike? What type of punishment would there be for something more serious?

6. This was to a 4 year old child.

7. We might debate the merits of a spank or two to the butt with an open hand, prolonged whipping with a stick is less justifiable.

8. This was to a 4 year old child.

9. There is some indication that this was just one incident within a pattern of significant physical discipline.

10. This was a 4 year old child.
    11. The pics were a week old. Gotta figure they looked a lot more serious right afterwards.

As an aside.....In all my 55+ years, I have been constantly amazed (and usually greatly humored) by the ways/hows the vikings can fuck things up, but something off-field like this from AP.......well, I would of never guessed it in a hundred lifetimes
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

Actually, a week after is when shit looks the worst.

But like Patler says, kids heal FAST, so that says something about how severe the beating was.

Wrap-around bruising is indicative of child abuse.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I'll talk all the shit I want to just like you will.
    Nice response but you dodged my point about the poor kid in your avatar. Don't you feel bad for the lil guy? He didn't even do nada wrong.