Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson Indicted

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Nice response but you dodged my point about the poor kid in your avatar. Don't you feel bad for the lil guy? He didn't even do nada wrong.

Hey Mad, you own this joint again or just another hombre?

Mad,

I like your point about baby momma raising a narcissistic little bastard. I also like your point that many of us here, as middle-class Americans have it so good we don't know how good we got it.

Rest assured, I KNOW how lucky Americans are. And beating the fuck out of your kid with a stick don't fly, no matter one's position in the socio-economic spectrum.

I've spent enough time in shitty neighborhoods in the Central Valley to know how fucked shit is. This isn't political, don't ban me. Or you can ban me, I don't really give a fuck.

Wow. I have disciplined my kids but not by ripping a tree branch and whaling on them with it. Corporal punishment is OK IMO, but the extent that was outlined was over the line.

So, though it is far less important than the event in Texas, how does this affect the Vikes now?
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Mad,

I like your point about baby momma raising a narcissistic little bastard. I also like your point that many of us here, as middle-class Americans have it so good we don't know how good we got it.

Rest assured, I KNOW how lucky Americans are. And beating the fuck out of your kid with a stick don't fly, no matter one's position in the socio-economic spectrum.

I've spent enough time in shitty neighborhoods in the Central Valley to know how fucked shit is. This isn't political, don't ban me. Or you can ban me, I don't really give a fuck.
    Part of the reason the world is so fucked up is people can't discipline their kids. In my case the threat and execution of getting my ass whipped with a belt did indeed keep me in line. But whipping the living shit out of a four year old is not now nor will ever be acceptable.

So while Mad is right sort of, there are degrees of things and this line got crossed far and wide from where I sit.

Agreed, Ras. Discipline is key. Discipline. Not abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    Wow. I have disciplined my kids but not by ripping a tree branch and whaling on them with it. Corporal punishment is OK IMO, but the extent that was outlined was over the line.

So, though it is far less important than the event in Texas, how does this affect the Vikes now?
    Digital, that my friend is a good question. As I am bored as hell I will pontificate on the subject.

Adrian Peterson is not yet over the hill so this will sting (no pun intended). There has been alot of debate in Minnesota of how the Vikings can justify his cap numbers given the devaluation of the running back in the NFL. I believe next year or the year after is the sweet spot for dumping his contract. Normally RBs fall straight off a cliff at 30. He's 29. Peterson is no ordinary dude. I bet he has a at least 2-3 more productive years in him so this hurts the Vikings alot in the short term. If they get out from under his contract at the end of this year they will have alot of flexibility so it isn't a killing blow at all, but does damage them this season in my opinion. McKinnon looks like he could be a dynamic back and Banyard looked good the last couple pre-seasons but let's face it......there will be a big drop off.

I'm curious to see how they handle this. They would be perfectly within their rights to let the legal system take it's course and let him play after this weekend but the Wilfs might take a dim view of trotting him out there given the charges and the leaked evidence.

The parents running that petting zoo are now behind bars
    C.H.U.D.

so you are saying it made you smarter?

Did you ever do some really bad shit? I don't care how rugged you look, next time I see you I'm taking a switch to your ass!!!
    I never did anything really bad...I stayed out late or snuck off when I was supposed to stay in the yard....scared the shit out of mom. Pretty minor stuff but the norm was to spank your kid. Hell...in school the principle still had paddles in my time. That said I never got the switch/hotwheel track until I was able to understand what i was getting wooped for. You put a 4 year old in the corner and take the toys away....you don't beat them.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    The punching in the head stuff is what the kid said, might be 100% true, might be a complete fabrication. There's no way to know.

In my mind, there is no justification for whipping a 4 year old bloody with a stick. I am not opposed to spanking a kid, but people that carry it way too far I can't respect or understand.

All in all a very disappointing weekend. As an old dude I'm not into hero worship but as my favorite player in the NFL I do feel a short sharp kick to the nuts.
    Sorry to see this thing go down, Ras. I've always had massive respect for Peterson and defended him when he said some awkward things (kind of like Reggie White with his stereotyping speech; his heart was in the right place). Much respect to you for coming here and addressing the situation.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mad,

I was really accepting of your post until that last part. That's why I hardly get into threads anymore because it always comes up. Guess I just expect more from some folks.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Sorry to see this thing go down, Ras. I've always had massive respect for Peterson and defended him when he said some awkward things (kind of like Reggie White with his stereotyping speech; his heart was in the right place). Much respect to you for coming here and addressing the situation.
    Indeed. Ras is a Man.

Thanks for the kind words Harv and George.

I think it's a tribute to this forum that there can be a discussion without a bunch of childish barbs going back and forth. This is to a lesser extent shocking to me like the allegations against Darren Sharper. Say Sharper stayed with the Packers and just retired, what kind of dink would post "Ha Ha, you guys are clowns, Ha Ha"

It's serious shit and does kind of rise above the hate we feel for each other on sundays....

I was really accepting of your post until that last part. That's why I hardly get into threads anymore because it always comes up. Guess I just expect more from some folks.
    I apologize if I offended. If I was being patronizing or otherwise. That was not my intent.

Let's sing we are the world. Then we can discuss football and insult each other there.

Let's sing we are the world. Then we can discuss football and insult each other there.
    Fuck you you purple wearing homo!

Fuck you you purple wearing homo!
    Shove it up your ass......

There, now that's better.

Shove it up your ass......

There, now that's better.
    That's the Spirit!

Fag.

I wonder if they have Roger Goodell on suicide watch.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I wonder if they have Roger Goodell on suicide watch.
    someone should be checking bridges in new york, just to make sure he jumps

if i knew he was in the UP or wisconsin, i would be driving around with a loud speaker on my roof, telling him that his mother was pro abortion after she had him. or that his father went to the grave wishing he had a daughter instead, so it would be easier to explain to his friends why his child was a giant fairy pussy

just in case he had any doubts about jumping

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    someone should be checking bridges in new york, just to make sure he jumps

if i knew he was in the UP or wisconsin, i would be driving around with a loud speaker on my roof, telling him that his mother was pro abortion after she had him. or that his father went to the grave wishing he had a daughter instead, so it would be easier to explain to his friends why his child was a giant fairy pussy

just in case he had any doubts about jumping
    I can't believe he was the winning sperm.