Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson Indicted

I think he is back this year. Whether Minnesota still wants him is another question all-together.

A lot depends on Goodell and if he wants to wait for the court case to play out. If they hand down a suspension now, he's back this season.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Peterson activated for Sunday:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...to-play-sunday

"Today's decision was made after significant thought, discussion and consideration. As evidenced by our decision to deactivate Adrian from yesterday's game, this is clearly a very important issue. On Friday, we felt it was in the best interests of the organization to step back, evaluate the situation, and not rush to judgment given the seriousness of this matter. At that time, we made the decision that we felt was best for the Vikings and all parties involved.

"To be clear, we take very seriously any matter that involves the welfare of a child. At this time, however, we believe this is a matter of due process and we should allow the legal system to proceed so we can come to the most effective conclusions and then determine the appropriate course of action. This is a difficult path to navigate, and our focus is on doing the right thing. Currently we believe we are at a juncture where the most appropriate next step is to allow the judicial process to move forward.

"We will continue to monitor the situation closely and support Adrian's fulfillment of his legal responsibilities throughout this process."

Peterson's case will also be reviewed by the league under the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h
    Goodell hired 3 senior advisors – Lisa Friel, Jane Randel and Rita Smith – to shape @NFL’s domestic violence and sexual assault policies.

Something about those names seems a little off for the NFL, but I just can't quite put my finger on it ...
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h
    Goodell hired 3 senior advisors – Lisa Friel, Jane Randel and Rita Smith – to shape @NFL’s domestic violence and sexual assault policies.

Something about those names seems a little off for the NFL, but I just can't quite put my finger on it ...
    Playbooks are being replaced by annual subscriptions to O Magazine.

Vikings now saying AP will play this coming week-end, it was just a one game time-out while they 'evaluated the situation'. I think the evaluation was 'we los

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lay-this-week/
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

The fact that the Vikings are activating him doesn't mean the NFL can't suspend him. I think the Vikings are simply throwing this into Goodell's lap.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The fact that the Vikings are activating him doesn't mean the NFL can't suspend him. I think the Vikings are simply throwing this into Goodell's lap.
    Exactly correct. They are going to play him until the league says no. Besides, he's their entire offense and only chance at winning games.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

If AP is the difference between 6-10 and 3-13 then I say let him play out the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Exactly correct. They are going to play him until the league says no. Besides, he's their entire offense and only chance at winning games.
    There's also a limit to what the Vikings are really allowed to do in this case:
    ...the CBA was reconfigured in 2006 specifically to prevent teams from putting players on ice for reasons unrelated to skill or health (thanks to the T.O. case in Philly)...
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-for-a-while/

The Vikings are playing this the way the rules are written.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    With our luck Jerry Richardson will follow suit just in time to activate Greg Hardy when we play the Panthers. Then Goodell will issue a suspension right after he gets 4 sacks in the game.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Peterson activated for Sunday:
    This is going to go over like a Led Zepplin

Maybe. But it is a terrible PR move for the Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    There's also a limit to what the Vikings are really allowed to do in this case:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-for-a-while/

The Vikings are playing this the way the rules are written.
    Vikes could go for 4 games on conduct detrimental to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    It's a tough situation. They're probably Dazed And Confused.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Still waiting for the Vikes to go with the Immigrant Song and video for when the players take the field.

All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

And as always, the mighty Vikings are who we thought they were.

It boils down to a Communication Breakdown within the family.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Vikes could go for 4 games on conduct detrimental to the team.
    Sounds like the NFL takes child abuse about as seriously as it takes domestic abuse.

When the Penn State football program enabled an abuse of a more horrible extent, the NCAA didnt shut down football for even a single game.

I'm a firm believer that when something horrible happens, you shut the player or program down for a season. That is the only way to focus minds, accept responsibility, make changes. I'm not for any punishment beyond that, everybody gets another chance.

But no, that's not how things work. Football rules.

I think a four game suspension for Peterson might be about right. I can't get too high and mighty on that.

Still, I would go for an automatic whole year for all such incidents as a way for the NFL to make a statement about the seriousness of child abuse or domestic abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post

With all due respect that's kind of BS. He had a minor role is the week one win and Cassel's shitty play sealed their fate in week two.

Is he important? Yes. Is he everything? No....which I was I'm guess this may be his last year with the team. He's hurt alot and I believe his production will begin to decline shortly. But you never know with that guy.

As for them punting to the league, it does make sense. The new CBA doesn't allow for punitive deactivations anymore and they can hardly make the argument Asiata's better. He won't be tried on this for a year so what do you do?

Anyway, star player versus scrub.....if anyone surprised they get treated differently, well that would surprise me.

I personally thought they would deactivate him while they shipped him off to a counselor but it seems he's already seeing one.