Kicking the field goals early in the game were the right calls. I was very pleased to see that MM agreed with me on this. In the NFL it is difficult to score points. When you are losing, you won't win by not scoring. Not taking 3 points when you could have and than also not scoring a TD can also be very demoralizing to a team. I also tend to feel that you should almost always kick the PAT until you absolutely need to go for 2. I disagreed with going for 2 when we did, even though I know it put us up 3 points. I have seen teams get screwed enough times by going for 2 too early in the game and that single point would come back to bite them in the butt. For a couple of good examples of how going for 2 too early in the game can potentially screw you, see the Arizona Cardinals first 2 games this year. They've gone for 2 on 3 occasions fairly early in the game and none of them were successful and could have cost them. In each situation, had the Cardinals opted for the nearly guaranteed PAT, it would have allowed them an easier way to tie or be up by a field goal vs. only 2 points, etc. (Granted, I can't remember the exact scenarios).