Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    What do you guys think of Dawson's personality issues? We had a guy like him once before in Wayne Simmons. Dawson strikes me as a guy with extreme instincts but not the best athleticism.. Isn't that a lot like Borland in the last draft, but without the health concerns?
    Gosh he looks fluid - moving to the tackle and can cover RBs out of the backfield. Patient to shed blocks. Natural, sound tackler. Good recognition. Good follow through. Can rush the passer without hopping. Me likey. He doesn't look crazy on the field like Simmons used to. Simmons was positively foaming at the mouth half the time.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    No use making a wishlist though because Ted is going to shit on it.
    This is probably the main reason I don't spend a lot of time on the draft. Last year, I watched a ton of video of Moncrief, got my heart set on him, and then TT takes Adams. Better to wait, and then homerize the video of TT's pics, projecting them all into the HOF.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    This is probably the main reason I don't spend a lot of time on the draft. Last year, I watched a ton of video of Moncrief, got my heart set on him, and then TT takes Adams. Better to wait, and then homerize the video of TT's pics, projecting them all into the HOF.
    Its the only time of year I wish for a megalomaniacal owner with lots of cameras following him around.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This is what I do any more. Since you don't know anyway, and since I'm so often wrong, I just see who TT picks and then talk myself into thinking they'll be good. Works with some guys (Davante Adams, Clinton-Dix) but not with others (Marshall Newhouse, Davon House).
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Rowe will be gone by our 2nd pick probably... no way he's there in the 3rd.

We have to nab an ILB in the first 2 rounds - there are some guys I like that are rated further down, but ILB is such a huge weakness, that we can't just ignore it early in the draft.

That said, TT has a history of ignoring glaring holes and just shrugging his shoulders - so we'll see.
    Its always nice to turn a weakness into a strength but we absolutely do not need an ILB in the first 2 rounds. We were 1 voodoo curse away from the superbowl last year with backup quality ILB who can be replaced by talent from anywhere in the draft.

I'd prefer a shotgun approach because we need more than just 1 ILB anyways. Some very good linebackers have come out of the late and middle rounds lately and our bar is really really low.
    Last edited by 3irty1; 04-25-2015 at 11:58 AM.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Draft a Heeney. Do it.

I tell myself that every year, but here I am, researching and watching tape on defensive players and TT probably takes offense with the first two picks.

Scout.com Final ILB rankings

Code:
    PLAYER			SCHOOL	POS	CL	HT	WT	40-YD	PRO	RND
    ANTHONY, Steph (WB)	Clemson	ILB	Sr	06:02.3	238	4.59	6.7	2
    KENDRICKS, Eric (WB)	UCLA	ILB	rSr	06:00.1	232	4.67	6.7	1-2
    DAWSON, Paul (WB)	TCU	ILB	Sr	06:01.5	230	4.76	6.3	2-3
    PERRYMAN, Denzel	Miami	ILB	Sr	05:11.1	248	4.74	6.2	3
    McKINNEY, Ben (SB)	MsSU	ILB	rJr	06:04.5	245	4.62	6.2	2-3
    #HICKS, Jordan (OB)	Texas	ILB	Sr	06:01.5	245	4.58	5.7	4
    HULL, Michael (OB)	PSU	ILB	Sr	06:00.0	232	4.63	5.7	4
    HEENEY, Benjamin	Kansas	ILB	Sr	06:00.3	228	4.80	5.7	4
    WILSON, Ramik (WB)	Georgia	ILB	Sr	06:01.7	234	4.72	5.6	4-5
    JONES, Taiwan		MSU	ILB	Sr	06:03.0	252	4.76	5.5	5
    DICKSON, Xz	(RE/SB)	Ala	ILB	Sr	06:03.4	268	4.77	5.4	5
    SPAIGHT, Martrell (OB)	Ark	ILB	Sr	06:00.0	238	4.83	5.4	5
    #HAGER, Bryce		Baylor	ILB	rSr	06:00.2	229	4.49	5.3	5-6
    RYAN, Jake (SB)		Mich	ILB	Sr	06:02.4	235	4.68	5.3	5-6
    VIGIL, Zachary		Utah St	ILB	Sr	06:01.5	233	4.86	5.2	6-7
    LUC, Jeff (WB)		Cinn	ILB	Sr	05:11.7	253	4.79	5.1	6-7
    PULLARD, Hayes (SB)	USC	ILB	rSr	06:00.7	234	4.64	5.0	6-7
    ROBINSON, Ed (WB)	Newb	ILB	Sr	06:02.1	246	4.55	4.9	7
    DEPRIEST, Trey (SB)	Ala	ILB	Sr	06:00.4	258	4.82	4.9	7-FA
    HERRERA, Amarlo (SB)	Georgia	ILB	Sr	06:00.2	244	4.76	4.8	7-FA
    WILSON, Damien		Minn	ILB	Sr	06:00.1	252	4.79	4.8	7-FA
    TIMU, John		Wash	ILB	Sr	06:00.4	244	4.74	4.8	7-FA
    GRANT, Curtis		OSU	ILB	Sr	06:02.3	243	4.59	4.7	PFA
    MALONE, Derrick (WB)	Oregon	ILB	Sr	06:02.0	219	4.67	4.7	PFA
    TARPLEY, Aubrey (WB)	Stan	ILB	rSr	06:00.4	238	4.84	4.7	PFA
    MAYO, David		TxState	ILB	Sr	06:02.0	228	4.79	4.7	PFA
    ROACH, Trevor		Neb	ILB	Sr	06:02.0	235	4.87	4.7	PFA
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-26-2015 at 11:33 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This is what I do any more. Since you don't know anyway, and since I'm so often wrong, I just see who TT picks and then talk myself into thinking they'll be good. Works with some guys (Davante Adams, Clinton-Dix) but not with others (Marshall Newhouse, Davon House).
    That is what I have always done. It goes back to the '60s, when I wasn't even aware that the draft was scheduled until several days after it happened. In those days it was the end of November or early December; between the end of the college season and the Bowl Games.

Wayback Machine 1992: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...desmond-howard

A draft trade that worked out for no one, not even the team that was jumped over (Packers). It was lose-lose-lose, especially Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    That is what I have always done. It goes back to the '60s, when I wasn't even aware that the draft was scheduled until several days after it happened. In those days it was the end of November or early December; between the end of the college season and the Bowl Games.
    We have the opposite problem today. red started this thread seven months before the draft.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 3h3 hours ago
    Packers should spend more time scouting potential free agents from the pro ranks than on the draft. Oh, that's right. Ted's too cheap

red, get off JSO already.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    JS Comments ‏@JSComments 3h3 hours ago
    Packers should spend more time scouting potential free agents from the pro ranks than on the draft. Oh, that's right. Ted's too cheap

red, get off JSO already.
    Lol, these comments crack me up. Do these morons think TT pockets every dollar the Packers don't spend?
    Go PACK

A draft trade that worked out for no one, not even the team that was jumped over (Packers). It was lose-lose-lose, especially Washington.
    Wow....funny stuff. Love the Vardell pick. It's so nice where Desmond made it back to though.
    C.H.U.D.

We have the opposite problem today. red started this thread seven months before the draft.
    ya, but it was only in a drunken rage following a narrow escape at home v. the Jets after the opening stinker v. seahawks.

"Cincinnati -- which wanted quarterback David Klinger"

Sure that's not 'Max Klinger?'

Not quite... Even though they did take Klingler, the Bengals also got Daryl Williams, a pretty good safety. Packers and Redskins got fully hosed, though.

TBuck has a ring

He was decent. But not until after he left GB.

Shane Ray - DE - Missouri cited for marijuana possession. CBS has him the 13th overall prospect. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ana-possession