Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Based upon their performance the last couple of games and possible expected good performances in the playoffs, I think TT's draft priorities may change in a somewhat surprising way.

ILB -- Barrington is showing me something. A solid performance in the playoffs may reduce the need to take a chance on guys like Denzel Perryman and Benardrick McKinney who IMO are far from sure bets. Moreover, Lattimore and Palmer are coming off injured reserve. Plus, I have a sneaking hunch Adrian Hubbard and/or Carl Bradford will shine next year.

TE -- Richard Rodgers might parlay a good playoff performance or two and be the type of TE none of us thought he could be. He's improving every game. I'm starting to like the guy very much. That coupled with a thin crop of TE prospects makes me think TT will draft in another direction.

OL/DL -- Our current OL is pretty good and young. We've got Aaron Adams, Barclay, Raji and Thornton coming off IR. Plus, a couple of rookie OLinemen on the practice squad. Who will be available in the draft at our position that promises to be better than any of these guys? And, considering TT's record in this area, will he take another flyer on a OL or DL prospect in the late 1st or 2nd round?

So, what will TT do?

I say he'll draft (everything else being equal) a WR. We need a dynamic 3rd WR (or a 2nd if something goes awry in Cobb re-signing. Boykin to me is a washout and Adams doesn't impress me as a game changer. Abbrederis is coming off IR, but he's not a game changer and lacks size. Then there are the same ole same ole guys on the practice squad, hardly game changers.

On the other hand, there are a bunch of game changing WR's available, one of which will probably fall to GB's draft position. My favorite: Sammie Coates.

Add Coates to the threesome of Nelson, Cobb and Adams, with Abbrederis in the wings, and you've got the best and deepest receiving corps in the NFL once again.
    I think you're overselling both Barrington and R2. While they may develop, they aren't dependable or promising yet. They're serviceable, but may have a low ceiling. We'll see.

I also think you're underselling Adams as the third WR. He's flashed enough to show that once he gets his rookie jitters out of the way, he'll join TT's pantheon of successful WRs drafted in GB. Add in Abby and Janis, and WR may be an overwhelming strength in two years if one of those two pan out. We'll definitely see.

But the D needs way more help than the O at this point.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I think you're overselling both Barrington and R2. While they may develop, they aren't dependable or promising yet. They're serviceable, but may have a low ceiling. We'll see.

I also think you're underselling Adams as the third WR. He's flashed enough to show that once he gets his rookie jitters out of the way, he'll join TT's pantheon of successful WRs drafted in GB. Add in Abby and Janis, and WR may be an overwhelming strength in two years if one of those two pan out. We'll definitely see.

But the D needs way more help than the O at this point.
    I discounted Janis because he's a huge mystery man/question mark. Hope you're right about Adams.

Regarding the defense, agreed defense, ILB especially, is a big need, but I really don't think there's any draftable prospect that's better than what we got. Too bad we missed out on CJ Mosley last year. Maybe a good DE/DT will slip down to us.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers