5. Anything else

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    1. ILB Stephone Anthony
    2. CB Ronald Darby
    3. ILB Jeff Luc
    4. CB Nick Marshall
    Fify
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Is Nick Marshall reaally worthy of a 4 rder?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Is Nick Marshall reaally worthy of a 4 rder?
    No, probably a 5th rnd though, not so much as a CB, but I think the guy is a great QB. I've seen him play many times. Guy would be a value pick at 5. Coach has called him the best zone read QB in the country. Got a great arm and is fast. Better than anything we've got after Rodgers.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Blog Entries
    1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. CB
    5. Anything else
    After those two spots of immediate need (maybe playmaking TE too), it'd be a great time to draft and develop a few guys for a couple years down the line. OLB, DE, NT, OG, RB

Blog Entries
    Anthony would be great. Not a fan of Darby for the Packers though. He's a finesse corner who's shy to tackle on a team that already has one of those (Shields and Tramon are more willing tacklers than Darby) in a division/conference where that can pose problems. (Detroit, Minnesota, Seattle, etc., etc.) I'd shudder to see Darby trying to get Peterson to the ground. You can maybe get away with one of those guys but two is a bit of a problem I think.

Would be stunned if OL doesn't come up by the fifth.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    No, probably a 5th rnd though, not so much as a CB, but I think the guy is a great QB. I've seen him play many times. Guy would be a value pick at 5. Coach has called him the best zone read QB in the country. Got a great arm and is fast. Better than anything we've got after Rodgers.
    Packers don't really have a Zone Read RB or offense, but I suppose they could run it at some point. Could be a good CB, but seems like a FA, PS kinda guy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Would be stunned if OL doesn't come up by the fifth.
    Isn't it just about a lock for the 4th round?
    (My list wasn't intended to be rounds of the draft, just order of need.)

How do you regard the tackling of Wake Forest's Kevin Johnson, vince?

Isn't it just about a lock for the 4th round?
    (My list wasn't intended to be rounds of the draft, just order of need.)
    Probably. But you never know how things will sort out.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    How do you regard the tackling of Wake Forest's Kevin Johnson, vince?
    I'm no film jockey but I'd say Johnson is far more willing to mix it up, and as he continues to mature he could add some size to his thin frame. I think he'd be a good pick though not sure how ready he'll be out of the shoot. Like Shields, he may need a year to ramp up. A year to mature and put some meat on his bones would do him a ton of good. Unlike a couple of the raw guys this year though, he looks pretty natural to me. He can turn and make a play on the ball like Shields too. Most of these guys I'd like a lot better on Day 2 than Day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Packers don't really have a Zone Read RB or offense, but I suppose they could run it at some point. Could be a good CB, but seems like a FA, PS kinda guy.
    I just read an article that said McCarthy wants to run the pistol offense more this year. Marshall could do that way better than Rodgers, especially in the end zone. Besides, Marshall doesn't need to run the zone read to be effective. Guy has a strong arm...don't know what his Wonderlic is though. Heh Heh

Marshall can tackle, if his performance in the Senior Bowl is any indication.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Anthony would be great. Not a fan of Darby for the Packers though. He's a finesse corner who's shy to tackle on a team that already has one of those (Shields and Tramon are more willing tacklers than Darby) in a division/conference where that can pose problems. (Detroit, Minnesota, Seattle, etc., etc.) I'd shudder to see Darby trying to get Peterson to the ground. You can maybe get away with one of those guys but two is a bit of a problem I think.
    Man, I've watched tape of Darby and I just don't see the shyness to tackle. He seems very aggressive to me and doesn't hesitate to mix it up. Maybe I'm missing something.

Had some character issues, but might be worth a shot in the 4th round. About the same height and weight that Finley was when drafted. Looked pretty effortless when running that 4.6.

Isn't Darby a little on the small side?

Blog Entries
    1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. CB
    5. Anything else

IN MY BOOK DL is clearly a need

We get our 3rd round reach back this year but he looked like Sherrod...aka...junk while he was playing last year.

We need to restock a player or two there and it would not surprise me at all if we grab one high

For me you have to add DL in one of those slots and I would not be surprised if we drafted two of them
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Man, I've watched tape of Darby and I just don't see the shyness to tackle. He seems very aggressive to me and doesn't hesitate to mix it up. Maybe I'm missing something.
    My report is based on what I've seen from a full 10 minutes of "best of" youtube highlights and projecting his play at the NFL level so don't be so quick to second-guess yourself Maxie. I'm seeing a track guy who can get by at the college level on the football field but I'd be concerned will be overpowered at the NFL level, but that don't make me right.

I want a guy who can hang with the big dogs in the league like Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, etc. - not another speed demon who those guys can push aside at the line or climb up over the top of if they need, and who's a liability coming up against the run at the NFL level. We already got one of those guys on the other side...

Is it too much to ask for an Al Harris or Richard Sherman kind of guy? Sherman lasted til the 5th round and Harris til the 6th... Those guys are legends but their physicality, length and cover capabilities can't be THAT rare can they?