Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Packer Report thinks the Packers like the Clemson ILB who might have been a sleeper before the combine, but not after.

However, this runs counter to the Ted narrative that he doesn't even talk to the players he likes in the first round.

http://gnb.scout.com/story/1520626-n...4DGmkE.twitter

Huber thinks he might have been available at 62 previously, but not now.

The attraction with Anthony is his size. Other than D.J. Smith, a sixth-round pick in 2011 who was 5-foot-11, the Packers have shied away from undersized linebackers. On last year’s depth chart, Jones is 6-foot-3, Hawk is 6-foot-1, Barrington is 6-foot-1 and Carl Bradford is 6-foot-1. Past starters Desmond Bishop and Nick Barnett are 6-foot-2. That might give Anthony the edge in the Packers’ eyes over UCLA’s Eric Kendricks (6-0) and Miami’s Denzel Perryman (5-11).

“I feel like if you can play football, you can play football,” Anthony said in downplaying his measurables. “I definitely have some good measurables. I’m not sure how far that will make me stand out.”

McKinney has the size (6-foot-4) and athleticism (4.66 with a 40.5-inch vertical) but his workout was a “big disappointment,” the NFL’s longtime head scout, Dave-Te’ Thomas, said.

There was nothing disappointing about Anthony’s workout. Thomas called him the “real deal.” It’s a continuation of Anthony’s work at Clemson and his strong week at the Senior Bowl.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Also from Packer Report:

PACKERS INTERVIEW BIG DEFENSIVE TACKLES
    Not only did Green Bay host formal interviews with Jordan Phillips and Danny Shelton, but they also talked to Washington cornerback Marcus Peters, who was kicked off the team.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Also from Packer Report:

Not only did Green Bay host formal interviews with Jordan Phillips and Danny Shelton, but they also talked to Washington cornerback Marcus Peters, who was kicked off the team.
    unlike past drafts, theres actually decent NT's in this draft, with the correct size

goodbye raji

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Also from Packer Report:

Peters is really good. But it would be a real departure from his M.O. for TT to spend a 1st round pick on a guy who was kicked off his team because of conflicts with the coaching staff. He would probably need to be convinced that the coaching staff was the problem.