Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
I know of Kikaha. I like him in the second. This was a simulated draft, and Kikaha was gone before the 62 overall pick, so I traded back. Funchess is a Jimmy Graham type WR, and I took him at 2/7 after trading back.
Smuggler, just curious. Do you rely on scouting profiles for your analysis? Or, watch a lot of film? Or, have you seen some of these guys play all season?

For instance, the following is from NFL Draft Tracker, which relies heavily on scouting reports. If these reports are true/accurate, I don't think TT gives Funchess a serious look. The point is how do you separate fact from fiction?
Weaknesses

Pass-catching is labored. Allows throws into his frame and catches back half of football at times. Tagged with 20 drops over last three seasons. Isn't a lock to high-point a throw and doesn't attack throws. Won't win enough 50/50 throws. Stifled by inconsistent passing attack. Tends to show monotone, one-note play speed. Hard to find a second gear on tape. Gears down into cuts and slow to accelerate out of breaks. NFL Comparison

Gavin Escobar Bottom Line

Has mismatch-caliber size, but lack of vertical talent and below-average hands might negate the size to an extent. Funchess was used outside and inside at Michigan and had success from the slot. He has the feel of a hybrid player who can be a big guy at wide receiver or a mismatch nightmare as a move tight end with more weight on his rangy frame.