Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    First of all, Vince, thanks for your comments.

Re: Jones, Rowe, Johnson...I like them too but they weren't available when I mock drafted "On the Clock." Who knows how the actual draft will pan out. I picked Williams because I'm most familiar with him. The other guys I picked from film and availability. Picking RB Johnson limits later picks. You may be right in trading up.

Re: Drafting Four CB's...I consider Marshall a QB first, then probably a safety. Have you seen his QB video? Surely he can make the team as the third QB, maybe even the second. Drafting a third CB may be overkill, especially if a trade up can be done.

Re: Waller...He's so much like Finley it's scary...even drops the easy ones like Finley. (I don't think he's a head case though. He's used to blocking 90% of the time with Georgia Tech.)

Re: Anthony being off the board at 30...That would be real bad news. That's where I'd trade up to prevent that happening. If TT can't get Anthony drafted, I guess I'd go with Dawson and pray he's not a head case. He looks good on film despite his Combine blowup. He's got good quickness and instincts. I really don't like Perryman, even though I've seen him play many times (my wife's a huge Miami fan). He's a thumper but is too short and too subject to mismatches by backs and TE's. Kendricks would be fine, but he'll go before Anthony more than likely. McKinney just strikes me as having heavy legs. He's way overrated IMO.

By the way, all the mocks I've done have turned out best by selecting Anthony 1st. He's always number 45 or so on the big boards and never survives to our second round. Dallas, Indianapolis, San Francisco and Pittsburgh are all buyers in a tight market.

One more thing, take a look at this video of Jeff Luc. The guy is the king of all thumpers but has the rep of being "muscle-bound," ie, slow and unathletic. You watch this video though and you see the guy plays fast and quick for his size. Plus, he forces fumbles like a machine. I might just bring him into camp for look...TT might even draft him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhfFNRQN92c and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eepWXJywEOs

Re: Draft Week...Bring it on! I love every minute of it.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    First of all, Vince, thanks for your comments.

Re: Jones, Rowe, Johnson...I like them too but they weren't available when I mock drafted "On the Clock." Who knows how the actual draft will pan out. I picked Williams because I'm most familiar with him. The other guys I picked from film and availability. Picking RB Johnson limits later picks. You may be right in trading up.

Re: Drafting Four CB's...I consider Marshall a QB first, then probably a safety. Have you seen his QB video? Surely he can make the team as the third QB, maybe even the second. Drafting a third CB may be overkill, especially if a trade up can be done.

Re: Waller...He's so much like Finley it's scary...even drops the easy ones like Finley. (I don't think he's a head case though. He's used to blocking 90% of the time with Georgia Tech.)

Re: Anthony being off the board at 30...That would be real bad news. That's where I'd trade up to prevent that happening. If TT can't get Anthony drafted, I guess I'd go with Dawson and pray he's not a head case. He looks good on film despite his Combine blowup. He's got good quickness and instincts. I really don't like Perryman, even though I've seen him play many times (my wife's a huge Miami fan). He's a thumper but is too short and too subject to mismatches by backs and TE's. Kendricks would be fine, but he'll go before Anthony more than likely. McKinney just strikes me as having heavy legs. He's way overrated IMO.

By the way, all the mocks I've done have turned out best by selecting Anthony 1st. He's always number 45 or so on the big boards and never survives to our second round. Dallas, Indianapolis, San Francisco and Pittsburgh are all buyers in a tight market.

One more thing, take a look at this video of Jeff Luc. The guy is the king of all thumpers but has the rep of being "muscle-bound," ie, slow and unathletic. You watch this video though and you see the guy plays fast and quick for his size. Plus, he forces fumbles like a machine. I might just bring him into camp for look...TT might even draft him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhfFNRQN92c and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eepWXJywEOs

Re: Draft Week...Bring it on! I love every minute of it.
    i couldnt get a read on Marshall. One throw's a duck with little rotation on the ball. That won't work in Green Bay. The next looks strong and accurate. Perhaps its the inconsistency that is causing scouts to project him to db. He could be an injury waiting to happen on the run as high as he runs.

I watched Luc awhile back and had written him off somewhat at that time because I remember him looking big and slow. Now I watch again and I think he moves ok. Most ILB's struggle to run with speed down the seam and he's no exception but I'd love to see his physicality out there. He seems to have a natural football clock and can see plays are developing really quickly. He gets to the ball with good timing - and does a nice job of batting it out too which is huge. He's got some badass in him.