Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
Per a Seattle Post Intelligencer article from May 2013 with a snippet quoting Aaron Curry, who at the time of the article was trying to catch on with the Giants:

Now Curry is hoping to find a home with the New York Giants, who signed him to a one-year deal earlier this month. And that’s why he recently spoke with The New York Times about his hopes to revive his bust of an NFL career.

“I knew I could do it,” Curry told the NYT’s Tom Pedulla of his first chance with the Seahawks. “I knew I would do it. At the time, I wasn’t motivated to do it. Football wasn’t my top priority, to be honest.”

“I think earlier in my career I was real selfish and self-centered,” he added. “I was more about me than the Seahawks.”

Thank goodness for the rookie wage scale. This joker got $34 mil. guaranteed. Hopefully none of the Packers targets are like this.
This is why the "character" issue is so important... and something we as fans really can't have a handle on. We can't sit across from them and determine if they are actually just a con man looking to get paid, and then mail it in.