Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/premi...t.php?d=jcsqdc

Did one last on-the-clock draft. Traded back three times in the first two rounds. Ended up picking 13 guys.

R2 - CB BYRON JONES, CONNECTICUT <-mid 2nd
    R3 - CB ERIC ROWE, UTAH <- very early 3rd, after trading down. Colts took McKinney right in front of me at 2-30
    R4 - WR RASHAD GREENE, FLORIDA STATE <- value selection
    R4 - TE JEFF HEUERMAN, OHIO STATE <- not BPA, but decent value
    R4 - OT DONOVAN SMITH, PENN STATE
    R4 - FS ADRIAN AMOS, PENN STATE
    R4 - ILB BEN HEENEY, KANSAS <- arguably my biggest reach. Needed someone
    R4 - OLB ZA'DARIUS SMITH, KENTUCKY
    R5 - RB JEREMY LANGFORD, MICHIGAN STATE <- traded up
    R6 - ILB MIKE HULL, PENN STATE <- traded up
    R6 - QB SEAN MANNION, OREGON STATE <- Obligatory QB pick
    R6 - RB TYLER VARGA, YALE <- Jalston Fowler was also available. Take your pick.
    R7 - TE NICK BOYLE, DELAWARE <- Project LBs Alani Fua and Obum Gwamcham as well as Xavier Dickson were all available and Dickson would probably have been a better pick

Mike Tanier's Eagles Mock Draft: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-picks/page/21

Here is the full Eagles mock draft. If you don’t understand the logic behind the moves, it is because you are not smart enough:

1st Round: Jordan Spieth, Texas

2nd Round: Manny Pacquiao, Notre Dame of Dadiangas

3rd Round: Sam Dekker, Wisconsin (as a running back)

4th Round: American Pharoah, Zayat Stables. When things go wrong, Kelly ain’t going out like Richard III.

5th Round: Hroniss Grasu, Oregon. What? The Eagles need depth at center!

5th Round: Sent to Chargers as part of the Connor Barwin-Philip Rivers-Adrian Peterson-Johnny Manziel trade to acquire Giancarlo Stanton.

6th Round: Jordan Lewis, Hawthorn. Kelly has plans to revolutionize Austalian football, too.

7th Round: Someone who will be blamed on Howie Roseman.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Just from spending time reading all the draftiness, it seems everyone loves the WR class more than any position group.

Does this mean they go in the first and push other positions to Packers, or will the Packers face a WR BPA at 30?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Just from spending time reading all the draftiness, it seems everyone loves the WR class more than any position group.

Does this mean they go in the first and push other positions to Packers, or will the Packers face a WR BPA at 30?
    I think WR's will push DT's down to the Packers. Malcom brown, Eddie Goldman, Jordan Phillips and Arik Armstead are all possibilities to be available at #30.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think WR's will push DT's down to the Packers. Malcom brown, Eddie Goldman, Jordan Phillips and Arik Armstead are all possibilities to be available at #30.
    Lotta mocks have the Pack taking a CB; more than I would have guessed. I wonder of they are less sold on Hayward than I am or if the CBs are just better first round value than ILB?

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Lotta mocks have the Pack taking a CB; more than I would have guessed. I wonder of they are less sold on Hayward than I am or if the CBs are just better first round value than ILB?
    Definitely this. There are no first round talents at ILB IMO and several CBs that fit Ted's mold.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I agree that value might dictate taking a CB in the 1st round, but there are only a few ILB's worthy of going in the 2nd round - they'll likely be gone by the time our pick comes around.

There are some ILB's further down I like... any way you slice it, we have to come away with 2 viable ILB candidates in this draft. The cupboard is bare, so unless that start bringing in bartenders...
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I agree that value might dictate taking a CB in the 1st round, but there are only a few ILB's worthy of going in the 2nd round - they'll likely be gone by the time our pick comes around.

There are some ILB's further down I like... any way you slice it, we have to come away with 2 viable ILB candidates in this draft. The cupboard is bare, so unless that start bringing in bartenders...
    If 3irty1 is right, I could see a trade down out of the first, select there and then move the 2nd round pick up for CB and ILB in that order.
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-28-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    If 3irty1 is right, I could see a trade down and then trade back up for CB and ILB in that order.
    With all the depth of the draft in the 2nd day it might be tough to trade down. If a sweet prize falls or if someone wants a 5th year on a QB or something I could see it.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

One thing we do is compare players in the same draft class. One thing we don't do much of is to compare relatively unknown players already on the roster to those in the draft class.

I wonder how someone like Carl Bradford measures against, say. Dawson or Anthony.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 24m24 minutes ago
    Intent on showing his recent citation for pot won’t define him, Shane Ray is en route to Chicago for #NFLDraft. Will be in the green room

File this under. "Even if it works out, doesn't mean it was a good idea".

Intent on showing his recent citation for pot won’t define him, Shane Ray is en route to Chicago for #NFLDraft. Will be in the green room

Maybe he got some bad information as to why they call it the green room.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Road trip!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    One thing we do is compare players in the same draft class. One thing we don't do much of is to compare relatively unknown players already on the roster to those in the draft class.

I wonder how someone like Carl Bradford measures against, say. Dawson or Anthony.
    Bradford has short arms, and didn't show much of anything last year... short arms aren't a deal breaker necessarily, but if he doesn't have some other redeeming quality suited to playing ILB, I think it will be tough for him to stick around. All he had to do in college was go forward - playing ILB asks a lot more of a player than just flying off the edge. We'll see.

Dawson looks good on tape, but my God was a bad at the combine... slow and unathletic. So which guy is he?? A stud player on the next level, or a guy who looked artificially good b/c of the level of competition??

Anthony I like... a little stiff in the hips, and don't like his ability to change direction, but other than that, he's a decent player IMO.
    wist

Maybe he got some bad information as to why they call it the green room.

Joe - what's wrong with that picture??

Do you see any buds on that plant??
    wist

I'm gonna try and pop in here for the draft. I actually plunked down some cash for a draft guide for once. If Mad is cool I'll post entries of the picks...some really good info from Dane Brugler.

Example:

16. SAMMIE COATES | Auburn 6013|212 lbs|4JR Leroy, Ala. (Leroy HS) 3/31/1993 (age 22) #18
    2011: Redshirted GRADE 3rd-4th Round 2012: (11/1) 6/114/19.0/2 MEASUREABLES Arm: 33 3/8 | Hand: 09 3/8 | Wingspan: 78 3/4 2013: (14/12) 42/902/21.5/7 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.43 | 10-YD: 1.55 | 20-YD: 2.59 | BP: 23 | VJ: 41 | BJ: 10’11” | SS: 4.06 | 3C: 6.98 | LS: 11.81 2014: (12/7) 34/741/21.8/4 PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) Total (37/20) 82/1,757/21.4/13
    BACKGROUND: A three-star wide receiver recruit out of high school, Coates originally committed to Southern Miss, but switched once Auburn offered him during the summer prior to his senior year. He redshirted in 2011 after injuring his knee and was a little-used redshirt freshman back-up in 2012, starting one game and finishing with six catches. With a new coaching staff taking over at Auburn, Coates became a starter (12 starts) in 2013 and led the Tigers with 42 receptions for 902 yards and seven touchdowns, emerging as an offensive playmaker with 14 catches of 30+ yards. He battled injuries as a junior in 2014 (seven starts), finishing with 34 catches for 741 yards and four scores, earning Second Team All-SEC honors. Despite one year left of eligibility, Coates left Auburn early for the 2015 NFL Draft. As a fourthyear junior, he participated in the 2015 Senior Bowl
    STRENGTHS: Tall, chiseled frame with cut muscle definition and longer arms than several of his offensive line teammates…above average straight-line speed with swift, decisive strides to stretch defenses…shifts gears well with a second gear to easily accelerate and get behind the secondary – his ability to be a vertical threat stays in the minds of cornerbacks…strong upper body to fight off tacklers with a heavy stiff arm…dangerous after the catch with the plant-and-go burst to be slippery and elude defenders…shows the lower body explosion to elevate and highpoint…quick hands to make natural adjustments and handle fastballs…physical blocker with room to grow in this area…genuine personality who won’t find trouble off the field…averaged 21.4 yards per catch in college, proving to be a threat before and after the catch – set a school-record with 206 receiving yards in the 2014 Iron Bowl at Alabama.
    WEAKNESSES: Not a natural hands-catcher and routinely fights the ball with inconsistent finishing concentration…needs to be more efficient attacking the ball away from his frame…lacks experience with the full route tree and is very unpolished in his breaks, tipping his path…needs to do a better job sinking his body and flipping his hips in tight situations…needs to develop his understanding of how to best use his body to leverage defenders – not as reliable in 50/50 situations as his size/length would suggest…struggles to improvise and work back to the quarterback, not doing enough with his skill-set to create separation…inconsistent dedication and work ethic in the past and would sometimes quit on routes…doesn’t offer special teams value…medicals need checked out – deep bone bruise to his left knee (Aug. 2014) that plagued him his entire junior year.
    SUMMARY: A physical specimen with his size/speed combination, Coates has freakish ability and is clearly most comfortable on vertical routes, but can be very inconsistent on other patterns and is more of an athlete than polished pass-catcher right now. His overall focus and reliability at the catch point is a question mark as he struggles to consistently track and secure with too many drops on his résumé. Coates could have used another year in college to continue his development and work on the details of the position, but a target with his natural gifts will be coveted at the next level. His physical talent is reminiscent of a mix of Dwayne Bowe and Torrey Smith, but shouldn’t be relied upon to be anything more than a raw vertical threat as a rookie and might never be anything more unless NFL coaching can harness his athletic traits – will be drafted early, but his question marks push his value down my draft board.

Joe - what's wrong with that picture??

Do you see any buds on that plant??
    I'm a good normal American. I don't know anything about that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    I'm gonna try and pop in here for the draft. I actually plunked down some cash for a draft guide for once. If Mad is cool I'll post entries of the picks...some really good info from Dane Brugler.
    Glad you'll be here Ras. Are the Vikings definitely going to hang on to Peterson, or could we see a draft day trade? Are Vikings going for Trae Waynes?

Glad you'll be here Ras. Are the Vikings definitely going to hang on to Peterson, or could we see a draft day trade? Are Vikings going for Trae Waynes?

Ah who knows.....I don't think they will deal Peterson just because it's too hard to get value for a guy his age. I'd love to get Waynes.....although I could see them trading down. That was Spielman's comments today, we'd like to trade down. Since they are all liars this time of year I guess that means they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Ah who knows.....I don't think they will deal Peterson just because it's too hard to get value for a guy his age. I'd love to get Waynes.....although I could see them trading down. That was Spielman's comments today, we'd like to trade down. Since they are all liars this time of year I guess that means they won't.
    I think half the league might be trying to trade down.