NFL TEAM Green Bay
    COLLEGE UCLA
    HS Chandler HS
    HOME Chandler, AZ

SCOUT RANK 86
    POSITION RANK 05

BIO

CAREER NOTES
    Hundley started all forty games that he appeared in for UCLA, gaining 9,966 yards with 75 touchdowns and 25 interceptions on 837-of-1,241 passes (67.45%), compiling a 151.06 pass efficiency rating…Added 1,747 yards with 30 touchdowns on 479 carries (3.65 ypc) and also caught two passes for 16 yards, including a 7-yard a score vs. Utah in 2013…Also punted twice for 64 yards and recorded three solo tackles, in addition to amassing 11,713 yards in total offense via 1,720 offensive plays, an average of 292.83 yards per game…Was responsible for 105 touchdowns…Turned the ball over ten times on 31 fumbles, as he was sacked a total of 122 times for losses totaling 694 yards…In addition to having 29 of his passes intercepted, the opposition managed to deflect 120 other tosses during his three seasons in the lineup.
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-02-2015 at 05:53 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Patriots used the 7th Round pick that we traded to get Brett Hundley to pick Darryl Roberts CB, Marshall. Roberts has the tools to start in the NFL IMO. I suspect the TT was hoping to sign Roberts as an UDFA.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Patriots used the 7th Round pick that we traded to get Brett Hundley to pick Darryl Roberts CB, Marshall. Roberts has the tools to start in the NFL IMO. I suspect the TT was hoping to sign Roberts as an UDFA.
    I don't think we need any more CBs...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    We'll bring in several this summer. Competition to find the best.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

I guess I should have said I didn't want Ted to draft another CB.

He also has an acting career. He plays the doorman's dachshund on Curious George.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I guess I should have said I didn't want Ted to draft another CB.
    That I agree with.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    He also has an acting career. He plays the doorman's dachshund on Curious George.

Well, one obscure reference deserves another:

"Let us present the Hoover Heidelmann liposuction model#78154. It can convert an elephant into a Dachsund. And not a regular dachshund, but a dachshund that never forgets...We are not here to paint obscure imagery, we are here to suck you out!!"

reference: https://screen.yahoo.com/hans-franz-...000000070.html
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I really like this pick, a steal in the 5th round.

Blog Entries
    Hopefully our first two picks end up being perennial pro bowlers
    This draft was loaded with CB's IMO that can come in and play in the NFL

It's why I'm so shocked that TT went CB in round 1.

I'd still feel far better about this draft if we could flip picks with the Saints in round one and take one of the CB's left in round six instead of those classic TT upside over production picks.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Hopefully our first two picks end up being perennial pro bowlers
    This draft was loaded with CB's IMO that can come in and play in the NFL

It's why I'm so shocked that TT went CB in round 1.

I'd still feel far better about this draft if we could flip picks with the Saints in round one and take one of the CB's left in round six instead of those classic TT upside over production picks.
    The draft was underpopulated with ILBs who were second round prospects (only one team disagreed). If Ted agreed, then its consistent with his approach not to jump his own board. He must really have been underwhelmed by the offers to trade down.

I don't think there was much value in the draft after the first 20 or so picks. That is why there was little interest for teams to move up into the first round. Typically, it takes good 2nd tier QBs to drive a lot of interest there...where the bad teams at the top of the 2nd round who still need a QB are looking to move up and gain position for their guy of choice.

I wasn't overly impressed with any of the top ILB prospects. To be honest, Ryan before his injury looked just as good as any of those guys. If he can get back to 90%+ he'll be a better pick in the 4th round than those other guys were in the 2nd.

I like the Hundley pick. For a team like Green Bay, it is very difficult to find guys in the 5th round or later who can actually make the roster. This kid can be a good #3 QB for several years, and McCarthy can potentially make him look good enough to net a 3rd round pick in return for him down the road.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Blog Entries
    Hundley has a lot to learn but his prototypical size, great arm and abundance of athleticism make him really intriguing. I don't think it's a stretch to say in three years he could be the best QB in this class.

He probably wants to play now but he couldn't ask for a better spot to be in. Learn from Rodgers, Mac and crew... Those film-room sessions will be huge for him. In the interim, he can back-up Rodgers, and Tolzein for a while, and bring an added dimension if/when pressed to play. Mac doesn't tend to make a lot of changes in the depth chart mid-season but when he gets his head around the NFL game he'll be better than Tolzein with his big arm and ability to tuck and run sooner than later. It looks like they'll be keeping three QB's this year.

Code:
    COMBINE RESULTS
    40 YD	20 YD	10 YD	BENCH	VERT	BROAD	S	3-C-D
    4.63	2.72	1.62	-	36	10'0"	3.98	6.93

STRENGTHS: Good-sized athlete with ideal height and a thick lower body...not an easy player to tackle and will deliver hits, running with power - stout frame to brush off contact in the pocket and as a ballcarrier...athletic footwork and flexible body control to move like a much smaller athlete...uses his legs effectively to pick up positive yards or move the pocket with natural instincts as a scrambler and the acceleration to erase pursuit angles.

Nice job stepping into his throws with easy arm strength to spin a pretty ball to all levels of the field - able to generate unforced velocity...quick set-up, rhythm and delivery motion...comfortable operating from a clean pocket with an even-keeled, calm demeanor...improved understanding of situational football...nice job selling play fakes and works his mannerisms well...durable and plays through pain (dealt with minor ankle and elbow injuries), starting every game of his career (40 career starts)...mature leader for his age with a gutsy demeanor even if it doesn't appear that way because of his reserved demeanor - voted team captain as a sophomore.

Wants to be great with the football passion and competitive drive needed for the NFL...career 29-11 record as a starter, becoming the first UCLA quarterback to produce at least nine wins in three straight seasons as a starter...leaves UCLA with the career records for touchdown passes (75), completions (837) and total offense (11,713) - finished second in school history in career passing yards (9,966) and rushing yards by a quarterback (1,747)...football bloodlines: father (Brett Sr.) played running back at Arizona.

WEAKNESSES: Poor pocket awareness and presence, struggling to decipher and recognize pressures...drops his eyes early and allows defenders to disrupt his tempo, struggling to manage the pocket and stare down the gun barrel, especially with interior pressures...too easily rattled and doesn't play with consistent confidence in the pocket...needs to develop his internal clock, holding the ball too long and allowing the pocket to swallow him up.

Struggles to reset his feet and eyes once moved from initial spot...doesn't show much anticipation at this point in his development, usually waiting for his target to come open before delivering...questionable processing speed with gun-shy tendencies, not challenging tight coverages...too methodical at times and doesn't read blitzes to speed up his process...needs to quicken his eyes and expand his vision...downfield ball placement isn't a strength with most of his completions coming on throws under 10 yards on screens, quick slants and swing passes...poor ball security with 29 career fumble the last three seasons.

COMPARES TO: Randall Cunningham, ex-Eagles: Hundley possesses a combination of size, athleticism, grace and arm strength reminiscent of the former Pro Bowler Cunningham.

IN OUR VIEW: On the surface, Hundley's skill-set seems every bit as tantalizing as Oregon's Marcus Mariota or Florida State's Jameis Winston. However, Hundley needs to improve in the critical subtleties of the quarterback position - pocket presence, reading defenses and ball placement.

--Dane Brugler & Rob Rang

PLAYER OVERVIEW

With dual-threat quarterbacks Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick leading their respective clubs to the Super Bowl the past three years, NFL teams may be growing more comfortable with the idea of highly athletic passers now than ever before. That's music to the ears of Hundley, whose graceful running and deep ball proficiency could earn him a surprisingly high grade come spring.

Coming out of Chandler, Ariz., Hundley was the first UCLA quarterback recruit to earn a five-star rating (scout.com). As a senior, he completed 139 of 225 passes for 2,348 yards, 20 touchdowns and two interceptions, while also leading the team in rushing with 856 yards (7.0 avg.) and nine touchdowns.

Hundley redshirted under Rick Neuheisel in 2011 but looked the part of a future blue-chip NFL prospect in guiding the Bruins to the Pac-12 South championship a year later with coach Jim Mora. Hundley threw for a school-record 3,740 passing yards, including 29 touchdowns against just 11 interceptions in his first season.

He followed that up with similar production the next two seasons, watching his completion percentage raise each year and his interceptions drop. Despite leaving with a year of eligibility remaining, Hundley is UCLA's all-time leader with 11,713 total yards and 75 touchdown passes against just 25 interceptions - only five of which came in 2014.

The concern with Hundley is that statistics aside, he appears much the same now as he did two years ago. He still has a tendency to drop his eyes and become a running back once he feels a pass rush rather than remaining poised in the pocket and keeping his passing options open. To achieve success in the NFL, there is no question that he'll need to improve in this area.

Given the steep drop-off in talent following Florida State's Jameis Winston and Oregon's Marcus Mariota, however, teams could see Hundley as a relative value with plenty of upside to develop. It has been a long time since a Bruins' quarterback has excited scouts. The last UCLA quarterback drafted, in fact, was Cade McNown, whom the Chicago Bears selected in the first round in 1999.

Weston Hodkiewicz @WesHod ยท 18h 18 hours ago
    TT on Hundley: It wasn't really planned. It's just something that happened. We thought it was an opportunity to do something

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Our last QB named Brett had a pretty solid career.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    We thought it was an opportunity to do something
    Thanks for the deep insight, Ted.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

This guy will be a future 2nd rounder for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    This guy will be a future 2nd rounder for us.
    Will he be better than Brunell and Brooks? Only Hasselbeck commanded a top pick so far (REYNOLDS!)