Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
With the level of the team right now I don't think BPA means what it once did. The Packers should of course consider upside and trust their staff to develop talent but the main thing is to get a solid starter and that means probably getting a position of at least some need. These early picks represent 4 and 5 year deals at the only sub-market rates you're going to get in the NFL. If the guys are just becoming useful as you have to pay them, that seems like a wasted opportunity.

Guys like Bulaga and Haha are about the best balance you could strike as first round picks IMO. It'd be great to nab a ILB in the first and have them work out but I see more CB's that I think are better marriages of need and value. Kevin Johnson is my guy.
I say cover your bases with filling holes, i.e. ILB, and another highish CB... but other than that, I have no problem going BPA after that. Our overall depth is pretty good.

We're very close to winning another championship - dunderdummy, MM's timidity, and couple of lineup holes are all that is holding us back.

If TT can fill the holes, and MM might-could have learned a lesson - the only thing standing in our way is dunderdummy. Granted that is a huge obstacle, but if we only had the one obstacle, we might-could get past it.