Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    1st Round - Benardrick Mckinney, ILB, MSU

Analysis: Depends on how the draft falls. Seems to be a lot of volatility as far as where a lot of guys are valued. Heard more than 1 commentator say they think there are only about 20 true 1st round players in the draft, and then about 35-40 2nd round players.

If that is the case, I'd like to see us trade back - but as far as filling our biggest need, with a player I really like, I'd be okay with McKinney in the 1st round if we stay put.

2nd Round - Lorenzo Mauldin, LB, Louisville

Would like to trade back with either the 1st or 2nd round pick and come away with 2 3rd round picks. Like Mauldin moving forward, would need work in coverage. Don't know how flexible he'd be.

3rd Round - Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State

If he's there, he'd be a very good developmental prospect.

4th Round - Josh Shaw, CB, USC

Might drop b/c of the off field nonsense - who knows what to make of that. Might be a character risk. Has talent.

5th round - Christian Covington, DT, Rice

Stout, effective all-around defensive linemen. Injuries are a concern. He's short at 6'2", but has long arms and uses his hands well.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

Analysis: Depends on how the draft falls. Seems to be a lot of volatility as far as where a lot of guys are valued. Heard more than 1 commentator say they think there are only about 20 true 1st round players in the draft, and then about 35-40 2nd round players.

If that is the case, I'd like to see us trade back - but as far as filling our biggest need, with a player I really like, I'd be okay with McKinney in the 1st round if we stay put.

Would like to trade back with either the 1st or 2nd round pick and come away with 2 3rd round picks. Like Mauldin moving forward, would need work in coverage. Don't know how flexible he'd be.

Might drop b/c of the off field nonsense - who knows what to make of that. Might be a character risk. Has talent.

Stout, effective all-around defensive linemen. Injuries are a concern. He's short at 6'2", but has long arms and uses his hands well.
    I haven't paid as much attention as I normally do to the draft, but I know I'd hate this draft. I'm not a fan of McKinney and I don't want a QB in the third round.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I haven't paid as much attention as I normally do to the draft, but I know I'd hate this draft. I'm not a fan of McKinney and I don't want a QB in the third round.
    What don't you like about McKinney??

Could see Mauldin being an Elephant OLB... would be another versatile piece to the defensive front.

There are some other LB's I like... I'd be okay with Anthony in the 1st round... As for CB, Shaw has more talent than a 4th round pick, but he might drop b/c of the off field stuff.

Grayson has a chance to be a very good QB... I wouldn't normally advocate taking a QB that early with a franchise QB under center, but Rodgers won't play forever, and Grayson could develop into either a tradable piece, or a season saver should Rodgers go down.

I really like Covington... he has a lot of ability, an Aaron Donald type, he's just been plagued by injuries - certainly worth a flyer in the 5th.

Our main weaknesses are ILB and CB... the draft I threw out there addresses those weaknesses I think.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Gotta tell ya, the more I look at the mock draft I put together there, the more I think it is unlikely that those players will be available where I proposed... that said, I like all those guys, and would more than thrilled to come away with that draft.

Foxsports has those prospects ranked at

McKinney - 42
    Mauldin - 117
    Grayson - 112
    Shaw - 100
    Covington - 90

Of course opinions are all over the place... other sites have those guys swapped around quite a bit, but we pick at 30, 62, 94, 129, and 166 in those rounds... my mock look pretty damn good

I think Mauldin and Covington are both underrated... Covington is an injury concern, so he depends on the medical evaluation.
    wist