Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Yep. Guys like Ellis McCarthy look to be 3rd or 4th round (he has had knee issues, so I'm not specifically suggesting we draft him) and I don't see Raji being that much better. Raji is more mobile, but McCarthy anchors better, from what I've seen.

Mel Kiper Jr. @MelKiperESPN ยท Mar 5
    Also: About 100 of you asked -- No, I don't have draft grades for the llamas. 40 times and short-shuttle #s still unconfirmed.

Someone need to watch the hour of helicopter footage and get some times on these llamas.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Also from Packer Report:

PACKERS INTERVIEW BIG DEFENSIVE TACKLES
    Not only did Green Bay host formal interviews with Jordan Phillips and Danny Shelton, but they also talked to Washington cornerback Marcus Peters, who was kicked off the team.
    Peters is really good. But it would be a real departure from his M.O. for TT to spend a 1st round pick on a guy who was kicked off his team because of conflicts with the coaching staff. He would probably need to be convinced that the coaching staff was the problem.

Word on the street is the Cardinals are absolutely in love with Eric Kendricks. They're picking at 24. I'm not sure he is worth reading up seven spots in the first round...

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
    Just told that 34 team needing inside linebacker has Dawson number one and Anthony number two on their list.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
    Just told that 34 team needing inside linebacker has Dawson number one and Anthony number two on their list.
    Yet Anthony had a super combine and Dawson's was a disaster. Go figure. It's why scouts watch film.

I think the problem with Dawson for the Packers might be his intangibles more than the tangibles. The following is from NFL Draft Tracker:
    Scouts are very worried about his personal character and say he's not beloved within the program. Questions have been raised about his commitment to the process. Not a film studier.
    That doesn't sound like Packer people to me.

It may be irrelevant because, if PackerReport numbers are correct, Dawson will be off the board by the time the Packers draft. On the other hand, if the scout is right and Dawson slips a round or two, will the Packers gamble on him?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I really have to suspect that 34 team is the Bears.. and that would explain those rankings.

Twitter discussion about how FA plays out for teams (it doesn't account for much difference). Discussion turned to effect of draft on teams.

Someone asked about the draft and 538.com posted this: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Look at the third chart, which plots value associated with player by draft position compared to value placed on pick by Jimmy Johnson's draft pick chart. Teams tend to adhere to the chart even if using a modified one. Guess what picks are undervalued according to the chart? Same picks Ted tends to accumulate.

If you read the whole thing, watch for bonus Ron Wolf shoutout.

I keep seeing more and more Stephone Anthony linked to the Packers. I read an article, can't remember by who or where about Capers being in love with this guy.

What's the story? I heard he blew it up at the Senior bowl and combine. Will the Packers take him in the 1st round? Is he what we need at ILB?

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I keep seeing more and more Stephone Anthony linked to the Packers. I read an article, can't remember by who or where about Capers being in love with this guy.

What's the story? I heard he blew it up at the Senior bowl and combine. Will the Packers take him in the 1st round? Is he what we need at ILB?
    he's pretty much the prototype size you want at ILB, and he can cover

i've read the same things about the packers really liking him

another guy to watch out for is paul dawson from TCU. he did horrible at the combine. but in games when the pads are on (when it really counts), he might be the best defensive player in the draft. he's got that "IT" factor that you can't teach

Stock seems to have fallen on Danny Shelton a bit. Probably not enough to put him in striking distance of us at 30, but seemingly enough to keep him out of Chicago, which is a decent consolation.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post

http://www.independentmail.com/orang...onnel_33691400

One of those coaches who wouldn’t mind getting their hands on Anthony is Dom Capers, the former Carolina Panthers head coach and current defensive coordinator for the Green Bay Packers, who pick 30th in the first round and have a need at inside linebacker. Draft insiders say Capers has expressed interest in the Clemson LB.

It just so happens that the Packers are Anthony’s favorite team.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    \ he's got that "IT" factor that you can't teach
    uh oh
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jameis Winston is saying he won't be attending the draft - even as the potential #1 pick! I wonder how much and what kind of pressure will be put on him?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    uh oh
    red IS partial in the new PackerRats movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Jameis Winston is saying he won't be attending the draft - even as the potential #1 pick! I wonder how much and what kind of pressure will be put on him?
    Meets with Commish, starts making bad PR moves. I think Roger is radioactive.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Stock seems to have fallen on Danny Shelton a bit. Probably not enough to put him in striking distance of us at 30, but seemingly enough to keep him out of Chicago, which is a decent consolation.
    it would be nice if the bears took a page out of our book on how to build a 3-4 defense, and never get a proper NT, to keep guys off their ILBs

red IS partial in the new PackerRats movie.
    coldplay rulz

* sent from apple device

Meets with Commish, starts making bad PR moves. I think Roger is radioactive.
    Why is celebrating at home with family on the biggest day of his life instead of going to Chicago to hug Roger Goodell a bad PR move? I think it would be great. I have a feeling he'll give in and attend the draft, but I think it would be great if he didn't. This would be the best thing since Joe Thomas skipped the 2007 Draft to go fishing with his dad. Thomas was the #3 pick overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Why is celebrating at home with family on the biggest day of his life instead of going to Chicago to hug Roger Goodell a bad PR move? I think it would be great. I have a feeling he'll give in and attend the draft, but I think it would be great if he didn't. This would be the best thing since Joe Thomas skipped the 2007 Draft to go fishing with his dad. Thomas was the #3 pick overall.
    Mostly a joke, but it would be a bit odd and a precedent breaker for the #1 Overall not to be there.

And he just had a meeting with the Commish less than 2 weeks ago, so I wonder if it was a suggestion.