Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Texas A&M Commerce is the new Colorado School of Mines for Ted I guess.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 28m28 minutes ago
    @WesHod had the news of Texas A&M-Commerce WR Ricky Collins' visit. Wait until you see my story on him later tonight.

Weston Hodkiewicz @WesHod · Apr 8
    With pre-draft visits underway, #Packers are scheduled to meet with intriguing Texas A&M-Commerce WR Ricky Collins http://pck.rs/1ydJaCi
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Mariota might suffer a Rodgers according to Charles Robinson.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/smoke-s...005301737.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    This is the video that caused me to follow Hunt. It illustrates the problem I have with the draft. I watch this video and see a corner take so many shortcuts he would get roasted in the NFL. So how can you possibly project what he will do in the NFL when he has to change his game?

Someone was recommending this prospect as a Packer pick at CB and provided Hunt's video as evidence.
    The guy does have some agility and foot quickness but "compares favorably to Richard Sherman"?

He's raw as raw can be. Like you said PB, he takes shortcuts, cheats, however you want to say it. He's like a receiver who doesn't know how to run routes yet. That guy on tape would be toast in the NFL. He'd compare favorably to Ahmad Carroll maybe. Carroll was a first rounder so he's got that going for him I guess.

Maybe he can develop in time but that guy's a practice squad candidate at best. First round prospect. Better than Richard Sherman. The self-proclaimed "Czar" must refer to him being czar of Fields' hometown posse.

And the Czar's draft would blow big chunks IMO. His 2nd round selection is ranked 639 (there are 256 picks in the draft) on CBSSports.com. His 4th round pick QB Rakeem Cato is ranked 530. Etc., etc. His future star Ron Fields doesn't make the list of 1000 prospects.

I'm all for out-of-the-box thinking but the Czar's so far out he doesn't even know where the box is.
    Last edited by vince; 04-10-2015 at 07:48 AM.

We only hear about the times coaches went head over heels for a terrible pro prospect. There has to be some success stories, right?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 10h10 hours ago
    Can confirm Illinois TE Matt LaCosse making a pre-draft visit to #Packers Friday. Was a Ron Zook recruit. Ran 4.64 at #Illini pro day.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    We only hear about the times coaches went head over heels for a terrible pro prospect. There has to be some success stories, right?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 10h10 hours ago
    Can confirm Illinois TE Matt LaCosse making a pre-draft visit to #Packers Friday. Was a Ron Zook recruit. Ran 4.64 at #Illini pro day.
    6'6", 258 lbs. ex-basketball star, runs the 40 in 4.64, good football intelligence, versatile, hmmmm...TT might have something here.

This is why I can't see TT using a high draft choice on a guy like Maxx Williams. Besides having R. Rodgers already, Williams-style TE can be had in the later rounds or UDFA easy enough.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Mariota might suffer a Rodgers according to Charles Robinson.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/smoke-s...005301737.html
    I wonder. In 2005 how many teams after SF were in dire need of a QB? It looks like besides Tampa Washington, Tennessee, Chicago and NYJ need a QB. I seriously doubt teams will pass him up because of what happened to ARod. Teams are not going to want to look back in a couple of years and kick themselves like several of them did after the 2005 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I wonder. In 2005 how many teams after SF were in dire need of a QB? It looks like besides Tampa Washington, Tennessee, Chicago and NYJ need a QB. I seriously doubt teams will pass him up because of what happened to ARod. Teams are not going to want to look back in a couple of years and kick themselves like several of them did after the 2005 draft.
    Washington still has RGIII and may not have given up on him. Everybody seems to think Tennessee is taking Leonard Williams. The Bears may be in a defensive mindset especially since they are switching to a 3-4. I never know what the Jets are thinking. I think he could slide down to Cleveland at #12. That would be interesting. If he slides past Cleveland the slide could be Big.

I still take Mariota before Winston. Winston put his team in some deep holes by not being disciplined...and he'll do the same in the NFL.
    C.H.U.D.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    The guy does have some agility and foot quickness but "compares favorably to Richard Sherman"?

He's raw as raw can be. Like you said PB, he takes shortcuts, cheats, however you want to say it. He's like a receiver who doesn't know how to run routes yet. That guy on tape would be toast in the NFL. He'd compare favorably to Ahmad Carroll maybe. Carroll was a first rounder so he's got that going for him I guess.

Maybe he can develop in time but that guy's a practice squad candidate at best. First round prospect. Better than Richard Sherman. The self-proclaimed "Czar" must refer to him being czar of Fields' hometown posse.

And the Czar's draft would blow big chunks IMO. His 2nd round selection is ranked 639 (there are 256 picks in the draft) on CBSSports.com. His 4th round pick QB Rakeem Cato is ranked 530. Etc., etc. His future star Ron Fields doesn't make the list of 1000 prospects.

I'm all for out-of-the-box thinking but the Czar's so far out he doesn't even know where the box is.
    I just glanced at this, so maybe I totally misunderstood the guy, but I thought these were all dark horse picks...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I just glanced at this, so maybe I totally misunderstood the guy, but I thought these were all dark horse picks...
    The guy seems to specialize in small college, sleeper types from what I've seen on his website.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Ogbuehi would be an awesome 4th-5th round pick. He'll redshirt 2015 with the ACL, but he was a top-50 player before the injury.
    Him and the CB from Oregon that tore his ACL - very interested as to where they go

Double post

Anyone want to help me unpack this?

Ralph Cindrich ‏@RalphCindrich 2h2 hours ago San Diego, CA
    LIES! #NFL clubs at #Draft time. Most let it out of the bag. Polian never did. Wolf did. One Club started rumor client gay-then drafted him.

Cindrch (if this is the father and I think it is) is a legend in agent community. His time is largely past, but had a lot of players under contract and some big names. He would have some stories.

He's saying clubs would use rumors to impact players' draft stock, sexual orientation included. No shocker there.

He's saying clubs would use rumors to impact players' draft stock, sexual orientation included. No shocker there.
    Yeah, but is he saying Wolf made one up or just let a secret out of the bag?

I think what he was saying is that Wolf was the informant for that practice but I could be wrong.. Fucking Twitter...

I think what he was saying is that Wolf was the informant for that practice but I could be wrong.. Fucking Twitter...
    Yeah, that's kinda where I came down. Wolf, as is his wont, fessed up. Pollen denies it happens or that he participates.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    The guy seems to specialize in small college, sleeper types from what I've seen on his website.
    I agree with you. It also might be his mission statement:

Emory Hunt @FBallGameplan · Apr 10
    I also noticed commentary about my Big Board/Prospect Rankings w/regards to Small College players. Again, my --> personal <-- philosophy is

that it doesn't matter where you play. What matters to me is the traits you show while you're playing. Just b/c your a reserve at Bama,

doesn't make you better than a 4x All-American at a lower level college IF he's displaying the traits of a pro-level talent.

You have to remember, there's a lot of reasons for players to end up at smaller schools & it doesn't always have to do w/talent.

Anyone want to help me unpack this?

Ralph Cindrich ‏@RalphCindrich 2h2 hours ago San Diego, CA
    LIES! #NFL clubs at #Draft time. Most let it out of the bag. Polian never did. Wolf did. One Club started rumor client gay-then drafted him.

Cindrch (if this is the father and I think it is) is a legend in agent community. His time is largely past, but had a lot of players under contract and some big names. He would have some stories.
    Yeah, that's kinda where I came down. Wolf, as is his wont, fessed up. Pollen denies it happens or that he participates.
    Another example of why I think twitter is the worst thing to come around in a long time. So many people are committed to it, but it is so easily misunderstood. Regarding the above, I think there is yet another interpretation, if you look at Cindrich's earlier entry:

So you can lie, defame a candidate in politics & it's ok? Sen Reid-Nevada. Little wonder we lack moral fiber. Screw you-it's just wrong.
    0 retweets 3 favorites
    Then, in the one pbmax quotes, what if "Most" is a typo, and it should be "Must", as in he himself (Cindrich) must let the cat out of the bag? In that case he is saying that Polian never lied, Wolf did and someone he didn't name started a gay rumor.

As one of the big time agents, Cindrich doesn't need any informant about the practice, he knows from first hand experiences with it. As a real insider into the draft, signing and personnel world of the NFL, a guy who knew the GMs well, he knew the liars, the cheats and the honest ones.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Another example of why I think twitter is the worst thing to come around in a long time.
    Newspeak
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck